New IPs problems

Inka

Perch
Hi,

I am having troubles with my new IPs:

ns1.inkah***ing.com - 66.***.186.85
ns2.inkah***ing.com - 66.***.186.95

I am pinging the servers and still getting the old IPs. But the problem is that my customer has begun experimenting issued with his domain, for example he is unable to use his mail server. You told me that only a change with my domain registrar (in this case, you) was necessary, however in my reseller control panel I am still viewing the old IPs:

ns1.inkah***ing.com ns.m y h s p h e r e.biz (DNS Server) **.235.190.55
ns1.inkah***ing.com ns2.m y h s p h e r e.biz (DNS Server) **.36.251.245
mail.inkah***ing.com mail.m y h s p h e r e.biz (Mail Server)

This is what you told me:

"You don't have to make any changes in your reseller control panel, ONLY with your domain registrar"

Are you sure that I do not need to modify my reseller control panel? Maybe creating new server aliases?

Please this is urgent

Thanks

You have to do nothing in the control panel

What are the mail issues? From your ticket, you said he is getting "unable to find mail domain" which I didn't understand

ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com are still resolving to my old nameserver IPs, even on the new servers.

Is this part of the transition? It's not really a problem for me, but I would like to know if there's anything I need to do or if this will be fixed automatically when you're done migrating.

All the domains I host have been updated to use the new IPs, but on dnsstuff.com I still see the old IPs showing up, probably because of that.

Hi..

I'm also facing the same problem but I'm notice directi.com were too slow updating IP address or domain.

In fact, I'm already make a changes to new IP's at directi.com as soon as I received info from Jodo...If I'm not mistaken on last weeks.

But until today, my name server still pointing to old IP's..so I'm not sure until when they will update my name server and pointing to new IP address.

BTW when we login at Directi Control Panel, you'll see your name server using new IP's but when we ping or traceout from somewhere else..it's will show our name server still pointing to old IP's.

Maybe Jodo can help us speed up Ip's address updates at Directi.com. :D

Thanks,

Don't worry about it. The current DNS servers will be up for sometime. When we plan to close them, we'll send a good 5 day notification ahead of that and manually check everyone's name servers

Back