Node issue

abhishek

Administrator
Staff member
We have just noticed a problem with one of our working node and we are working to resolve it as immediately as possible. We will post soon the list of impacted servers.

The impacted servers are :-
1. cl1-win22
2. cl1-wincf2
3. cl1-win11
4. cl2-win12
5. cl2-win15
6. cl2-win7
7. cl2-cf2
8. plesk MSSQL

CL1-WIN6, CL1-WIN11, CL1-WIN22 and CL1-WINCF2 are all still rebooting and will be 5-20 minutes until up as some are in chkdsk.

CL1-WIN22 and CL1-WINCF2 are being checked further as they are not booting well. 2 are stuck at the Windows booting slider screen pre-GUI and one is stuck at a black screen between that and Windows being loaded in GUI, all being much slower than it should.

The WIN6 that is issue is NOT customer facing it was the old 2003 server, and has not been in production for some time now. So it is no longer a concern and WIN6 was never down with this issue.

Server node rebooted again. This will be the last unplanned time I hope, as I already have the new node ready to move servers across now and will begin doing so as soon as most servers are up.

All servers up and going except WINCF2 which is still completing boot an will be up in 10 min or so.

It has happened again, we have new node with all Windows updates (wow the 2012 R2 update rollup takes a long time) and will begin moving servers very shortly. The node is rebooting now.

CL2-WIN15 is moving at this time (live moving) there will be a reboot needed in a bit but not needed just yet.

We have cl2-win12 and cl2-win15 mid process in migration when the node started acting up again losing packets. We have CL2-WIn12 to a point we can move it off now to the new node however CL2-WIN15, and are rebooting the entire node again now.

All servers except CL1-win22 are up now win22 is doing chkdsk and almost complete.

CL2-WIN12 will be completing migration soon to the new node as soon as the final file is moved (which was nearly done and have to restart with the node reboot)

Win22 is up now. Win12 is going to be about 30-45 minutes it seems till ready to move nodes, so I am going to take a little nap while it completes. I am working now to simply offload what is possible to new nodes so less people are impacted each time.

CL2-WIN12 is being turned off for about 2 minutes as I complete the move to the new node for it to run complete there, I have to adjust a couple settings for paths to make it run on the new node.

Back