ns3, ns4 question

Can I avoid this ? When moving hundreds of domains, the change from one using ns1/ns2 and other ns3/ns4 is a little bit too much hassle ....
Any ideas ?
I want to use ns1/ns2 for all my domains in my accounts.

create ns1/ns2 registries with your registrar but use the ip addresses for ns3/4. That should take care of your problem.

If you already have ns1/ns2 at another provider, you can actually setup the server aliases for ns3/4.m****here.biz to BE ns1/2.yourdomain as long as you do it fromt he start. That way you will not get a DNS name mismatch

jonyah said:
create ns1/ns2 registries with your registrar but use the ip addresses for ns3/4. That should take care of your problem.

But I already have ns1/ns2 in my registar with their correspondent IP address, as stated, I have already domains hosting using ns1/ns2.
May be I'm missunderstanding, could you explain more ?

if you already have domains here with ns1/2, then it can not be done with 1/2, only 3/4

Stephen said:
if you already have domains here with ns1/2, then it can not be done with 1/2, only 3/4

So, well, it seems I can't, then. ?(

Just to make me feel better while doing this, why it had to be done? I mean, why to start asigning ns3/ns4 ?
I've never seen this with another hosting company, usually, you have enough with ns1/ns2.

fishermx,

Linux+BIND only allows for 512 nameserver IPs to be bound to nameserver services, we outgrew that limit. There are many many large hosting companies that have far more than 2 nameservers, I have seen some with 172 nameservers.

What?

None of this is making sense. If he already has domains using ns1 and ns2, then there there is no need to change anything.
It is only 'new' domains that use ns3 and ns4, right?

If I'm reading this all wrong, complaints to budweiser.com...

Bro,

That is true for new domains, but I believe there is an account at another host maybe that has them on ns1/2 as well, if I am not reading it wrong.

Stephen said:
Bro,

That is true for new domains, but I believe there is an account at another host maybe that has them on ns1/2 as well, if I am not reading it wrong.

Nope, it is all here, I have all my domains here at jodohost. (I had domains in other hosting, unreachable now, they were using another domain name for name server, those are the ones trying to move here).

See, in this account I already have 30 domains, all of them using ns1/ns2.
Now, when I add new domains to this account, these get assigned ns3/ns4.
Is this correct (the way it is supposed to work) ?

Yes, it is functioing exactly as designed. NS3/4 are the currently active servers.

hmm. Don't see the difficulty here. create ns1 to 4 with your domain registrar. Our control panel would automatically assign 2 name servers to your customers out of the 4. Your customers can simply point their domains to those 2 name servers. Don't see why it should be inconvenient.

Yash said:
hmm. Don't see the difficulty here. create ns1 to 4 with your domain registrar. Our control panel would automatically assign 2 name servers to your customers out of the 4. Your customers can simply point their domains to those 2 name servers. Don't see why it should be inconvenient.

That's is done already thanks.
The problem arised, in my side, when I changed the name server in the registar by mistake to some already hosted domains ?( , wanted die.

Now, while I move 200 domains each at a time, I have a question, does the domain addition process lock the entire hsphere thing ?
I'm trying to maximize my time by having several sessions open, but it seems the final time is just the sum of what would be the individual times together, I feel like I don't save time by having several windows adding domains.

You should be able to. Hsphere takes full use of Java's Multi-threading and executes multiple tasks in the most effecient way.

Back