Oil "Profits"

phil

Perch
so far the US taxpayer is paying $80 billions for the liberation of iraq and incidentally disarming the bio-nuclear arsenal of the tyrant saadam.

now, a best price scenario on iraqui oil yields +/- $20 billions per year (profits). so basically we'll lose +/- 50 billions per year; but of course, you say, good old uncle sucker (sam) will make it up in volume ! :rolleyes: like we fed germany, france, japan, korea, bosnia, haiti, bangladesh,china, india etc. etc. etc. we have squandered our blood and treasur.

the iraquis and indeed most of the third world are getting one great deal from the USA and UK.... where do all the refugees want to go ?????

if we (usa) are such stinkers then puhleeze stop sending your peoples here... they are really screwing up our domestic labor economy and straining our infrastructure.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land:

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.

I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Emma Lazarus

'refuge' is the root of 'refugee'

Hi
First of all let me make you all clear that i am not in against of any country. Your infrastruture is straining due to your act only ok..And one thing you must have heard that " if we can not find contentment in ourselves, it is useless to see it elsewhere". So its better to content yourself rather than blaming others
Like always this time also USA has put prize money for saddam's body.... as he has announced anyone giving information regarding saddam will be given a prize . At last he has done the same as he did for Laden. If its USA's habbit then why he begins a war first , he should intitally announce all such prizes in spite of starting a war
Anywyas now since the war is over so no need of such topics but USA has failed this time also this is my thinking atleast as USA has still not confirmed whether Saddam is alive or not. and his target of kiling saddam or forcing him escape his country is still not accomplished..Yah this is true that chances of his living are less but then also ,...................
Got the reply Mr. Peter...happy

well rita, it's like this.... the republicans like the cheap labor and the democrats like the "cheap" votes...(i am neither)

so far we've (domestically) done away with ex post facto, habeus corpus and a goodly part of the checks and balances that made up our common-law based system i'm content though..... Paul tells us:

Rom 7:18-25
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
(KJV)

the framers of our constitution were well aware of the INNATE imperfection of man. hence legislative (the people), judicial (the law), executive (administrative). it has taken the political parties over 200 years to scuttle our ship of state... but they are getting there !

:(

I agree with Phil, there are very few ways the US can benefit from this war. The aim was to clear it of WMD and that's what we are going to do :)

Back