ok... im mad.

Guys... After activating Shared SSL on makstudios.com I get the under construction page. what's up with that??? is this an h-sphere deal? I mean. crap. I have seen this happen to a few people, but you never really explain what happens, you just say. ok. fixed... try now. lol.

My site is down now. I activated shared ssl to allow my logo on paypal payment pages. nothing big... and of course this small little process takes the whole site down. so... can you help?

pysance, your DNS is working fine.

Michael, when you switch to Shared SSL, hsphere creates duplicate host entries in IIS. Since that configuration is invalid, the site goes offline. You need to contact us to correct it. I did explaint his before. A fix is available in HSphere 2.4

psyance said:
Now DNS is resolving to the correct IP, but it seems the web service is down

i know that...DNS kicked in about an hour and a half ago.

about an hour to 30 min ago, the web service (guess) stopped. Bodymod.org resolves fine, but nothing loads.

. psyance .

The DNS servers were definately not down because the only complaint we have is from you

We're looking into Bodymod.org

Doesn't look like I have access to that, submit a ticket, if you have not already, and someone else will take care of it.

Edit: I need to refresh more, Yash already answered, sorry.

Yash said:
The DNS servers were definately not down because the only complaint we have is from you

We're looking into Bodymod.org

omg...i know the dns is fine...i've already said that it's resolving now... the web part is bad.

ASCII Diagram:

Me -->-->DNS-->WebServer--| |--Webpage
^here.

Tix have already been posted.

. psyance .

Yash said:
pysance, your DNS is working fine.

Michael, when you switch to Shared SSL, hsphere creates duplicate host entries in IIS. Since that configuration is invalid, the site goes offline. You need to contact us to correct it. I did explaint his before. A fix is available in HSphere 2.4

Unfortunately, I cannot read every post in the forum to find the answer to my issues. I wish i could. Since you know the issue. can you please fix. thank you. H-Sphere has problems explaining that things will go offline. It just lets you do whatever without any warnings. :(

Here's what I will do. I will read the H-Sphere documentation 2 times from beginning to end. This way you know if i have an issue, it is a real issue and that obviously if it were in the documentation, I didn't understand. :D

Here's the screen captures from Godaddy.com.

The top one shows the IP <-> Nameserver

The bottom one shows the names servers associated to BodyMod.org

. psyance .

Attachments

• nss.jpg
    nss.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 70
psyance said:
The top one shows the IP <-> Nameserver
The bottom one shows the names servers associated to BodyMod.org

Right, and the mydyndns.org nameservers are not working, your JodoHost nameservers are working fine, like Yash said.

The dyndns one's not working right yet, becuase it was just implimented this evening AFTER all the DNS problems earlier. Until about 5pm, BodyMod.org wouldn't resolve at all. I had many people all around the world testing it. But at that time, if you just put in the IP address of the web server, you could get to the page fine. So, obvious DNS issue. So I then purchaed a secondary dns hosting service for my ns2. ns1 (the primary DNS server is still with Jodohost), but I wanted something to keep my site up if this happened again. Then at around 8 or so, the names were resolving to IP's (DNS servers must have been fixed). Then the pages wouldn't load. I then pinged bodymod.org and got a response, so the DNS still worked, but now no pages were being loaded through port 80. In the end, everything began to resolve and serve, but I'm trying to figure out what happened and how to keep this from happening. The only thing I changed was the secondary dns server after everything has already gone to hell. Nothing was touched beforehand.... The stats above show that the site was down a majority of the day. Something was wrong.

. psyance .

. psyance .

Your secondary name server is not resolving your domain into an IP

I'm not sure what happened but if you would have opened a ticket then, we would have found out. the DNS problems we were facing are history

Yash said:
Your secondary name server is not resolving your domain into an IP

I'm not sure what happened but if you would have opened a ticket then, we would have found out. the DNS problems we were facing are history

I opened a ticket at 5:31pm. And again, I'm aware of the problems with dyndns...i know you guys have nothing to do with that, and that's cool, I'll take care of it. It was that when resolution did occur with no problems, and I could run a tracert to the box fine, but would load the page. That's the one.

Actually, you can just forget it all. The sites working, I've been up over 24 hours now, and i'm too tired. I'll get some monitoring software setup tomorrow and then when there's problems, I'll just email you the logs or something. If it's still a major problem, then I'll have to figure something else out. Thanx for all your help and patience! ;( <- that's a yawn.

Back