on-going poor performance of server win6

mtm81

Guppy
Hi,
Most of the sites we have are running through win6. We are almost daily getting REALLY poor performance from the sites.

All the sites run using classic ASP and either an Access database or MS SQL database.

Although a simple ping request shows a good response from our location with the server (around 100ms and I'm in the UK), the actual load times of the pages is incredible slow (up to two minutes to load a really simple page sometimes)

I've contact chat support on several occassions about this, and either they cannot see the issue at their end or they reset something and all is well for a few hours until the issue returns.

I have placed mirrors of the sites on a alternative hosting space we have and the sites run without issue. I am also confident that the issue is not with the coding of the site(s) itself (leaving RS open etc) as I'm very experienced at doing these sites and the issue is happening on several sites regardless of the specific pages for example.

If the support cannot either see or deal with this problem, how can I fix the issue?

domain example:

www.binit.org

ping response 123ms
index.asp response time - 1:23 minutes!!

I'm having the same problems: my ASP.NET applications are running very slowly or just hangs. I've also purchased alternative hosting from another company with none of the problems so will eventually move all my sites over.

Every few months this problem happens but usually it is quickly resolved this time it is taken much, much longer.

How do I find out which server my domains are hosted on?

Win6 is facing ongoing DDOS attacks still right now. While the attacks were different this time they are also lasting much longer than in the past, normally they give up after some hours :( ongoing filtering is taking a lot of power to process. With the attacks being on the shared IP, it is a choice of down/or filtered.

Binaryfish, your FTP address is the easiest way. I don't think you are on win6 server as you have been here for much longer than that server has existed.

We can move you if you wish (to both), we have other servers available.

I have sent you a PM about this (mtm81) and sending a few emails as well to work on getting some pressure off of the network filtering.

Back