Other domains and a windows package

jag5311

Perch
Just curious about something. The 13 buck windows package says it supports 6 domains.

What do that exactly mean?

I have multiple domains registered with godaddy.com. Does that mean that they would be hosted under my 13 dollar plan, but as subdomains? How would that work, I am just curious, because I have one called juicedthoughts.com which will be my main site, but then I have one called freshmindset.com that I want to be in conjunction with juicedthoughts, so I didn't know if it could be a separate domain altogether and still work under that 1 hosting plan.

Thanks
Bryan

In Sliver Windows Plan you can host 6 independent websites. You get one Control Panel to manage all six domains.

So essentially, if I had 6 domains, they would all be sharing the 10 gb, 2 databases, and such that I would have with that package?

Yes, there is a feature in the control panel to "Add domain" it is not a subdomain, but an actual folder like the original domain where you can then upload all of your content. And yes, it would share among the resources purchased in the plan that you pick.

Actually, then, its probably in my best interest since I currently have the 6.95 package to just add my domain to that one (since I am allowed 3), and then just see how my resources are.

The one issue is that both my juicedthoughts and my current gamecubecheats.info sites would be sharing the same database, so I don't know if that would cause a problem or not. I am awaiting an answer in the database forum.

edit... I am assuming as well that I can always "upgrade" my $6.95 windows package to the $13 windows package if I feel its necessary, and I can do this without worrying about reconstructing my sites?

Sure, you can upgrade with no problem at all, your sites will stay right where they are.

You can use table prefixes in my programs to use one DB for 2,3, or more sites, at least this is a common pratice in Mysql.

What I am trying to figure out, though, is the storage space + will I see a leak in performance doing this.

My current mysql database for my gamecube site is a decent size. I have over 600 + cheats in the database as well as information for 200+ games.

I am sure the movable type blog I am putting together will become quite extensive as well. So I am just trying to peace together a nice plan of attack on whether I should just hold tight with my current setup and just add my 2nd domain or if I should upgrade and prepare for the future.

more than one site on one database works fine, but if you have very busy sites, the clients may get a connection limit reached error

depending :D

I don't know how many connections the MySQL server allows, but when you reach that limit, I think you can call your site busy

Back