Our new payment policy

Yash

Bass
We recently sent out a mass email regarding our new late payment policy to all our customers. Unfortunately, some customers have taken offence to that email saying that they are regular paying customers and asked us "not to waste their time" with such emails. I ask the members out here if they found anything offensive in that email so that we can be more polite on future such emails.

I did not find that email offensive at all. I understand the concept of mass emailing and that the email was not specifically targeted at me. Perhaps to inform your other customers of the concept of mass emailing, you should state that "these emails may not apply to you".

Yeah, Bliss is right, adding that statement may help, though people are not always reading the whole e-mail anyway :)

So I wasn't offended as well, specially, that I was among those "laters" :( Sorry, didn't pay attention to Billing section of HSPHERE and was sure payment will be done automatically. That's the reason actually

Yeah, I though billing was automatic too. It would be nice to have that feature since I'm one of those extremely lazy, forgetful people who mean no harm in not paying but just forget. :D

Lol, just like me :)
But anyway, you can turn on the "Send invoice", and get notified everytime you have to pay. That's what I did, hope it works, otherwise I can forget again :) Oh no, I added it to my PocketPC too, so no forgetting :)

We are finding 2CheckOut and PayPal very convenient gateways mainly because we can channel funds to India to pay our bills here as well. We'd probably add a Verisign gateway sooner or later and that would allow automatic billing.

From my experience, many customers prefer to review their charges before paying them. This in done in the form of an invoice which is emailed to you. If you find everything alright, you can proceed to pay. If not, you can open a ticket with us within those 7 days. In automatic billing you don't have a chance for that.

There should be one of those on/off buttons for automatic billing. That way if you like it, you can turn it on, if you don't you can turn it off.

StPatrick said:
Lol, just like me :)
But anyway, you can turn on the "Send invoice", and get notified everytime you have to pay. That's what I did, hope it works, otherwise I can forget again :) Oh no, I added it to my PocketPC too, so no forgetting :)
The problem is, I forget to check my email!

PayPal does have a "Subscription" type of billing item which can be used for recurring charges. I would definately go along with such an option for jodo, so I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting to pay. I don't know if 2CheckOut offers a similar feature.

We will definately be looking into automatic billing during our September changes (reseller packages, etc.)

As of now, all we are requesting our customers is to be more responsible and to pay their bills on time. It was really becoming very difficult for us to email each late payer, keep a tab on their deadline to pay and then suspend their account if payment does not reach us by then. Our accountant would never finish with that sort of thing.

Now, the only difference is that your invoice would be your reminder email. You must act on that invoice within 7 days. If you are too busy just pay in advance. In fact many customers have done that with us.

riley said:
PayPal does have a "Subscription" type of billing item which can be used for recurring charges. I would definately go along with such an option for jodo, so I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting to pay. I don't know if 2CheckOut offers a similar feature.

Subscription billing is supported both by 2CheckOut and PayPal. It is just that sort of system won't work with HSphere because charges compiled by you each month may vary. Verisign would be the only option for us to allow automatic billing and we'd definately consider adding it very soon.

Well it is my experience that no matter how hard someone tries....someone will always be offended.

I have no idea why someone would be offended by that email unless they are.....oops dont' want to offend anyone ;)

Back