Outlook XP email problems

Eli

Guppy
Hello, I am new to this forum so if I'm posting my question at the wrong place I apologize.

I have a problem with email in Outlook XP. It used to work but I had to un-install and then re-install. Now when I want to send/receive email it give me an error msg: "The operation failed". I've deleted my email accounts and recreated them (I have two) and still it won't work, while before I uninstalled it it would work. Can anyone help me with this please? Thank you very much for your help. Eli

Hello,

Have you tried running office xp uninstalled and just uninstalling Outlook, then reinstalling just outlook?

It sounds to me like you have a corrupt dll or possibly macro.

Stephen, Thanks for answering. Yes, I've tried to unistall and reinstall a couple of times. Still get the same msg. It's driving me crazy. I don't know what to do anymore but don't feel like calling Microsoft and pay them a rediculous amount being on the phone with them.

I will also check out the links that someone posted, thanks whoever you are.

Thanks, Eli

Hello "Outlook"

Thanks for all the links. I just wonder if these help sites would work for the regular Outlook program or if it is only for Outlook Express??? I have the full program of Outlook so wondering if the problems might be the same? Can you help me on that? Thanks, Eli

I have actually experienced this error since my last post here, but the website at:
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com fixed it, give that a shot, it is like windows update, and finds the updates needed for MS Office, I hadto run it 4 times I believe before it got all the updates and resolved the problem, and have your CD handy.

Install Thunderbird and try that. It doesn't take long, and it will prove your account settings are correct, your connection to the server is working, and your firewall isn't blocking anything.
I installed it for diagnosis problems a couple of month ago and have been using it ever since. I've found it totally stable on XP, whereas OE wasn't.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Stephen said:
I have actually experienced this error since my last post here, but the website at:
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com fixed it, give that a shot, it is like windows update, and finds the updates needed for MS Office, I hadto run it 4 times I believe before it got all the updates and resolved the problem, and have your CD handy.

What if you don't have your CD?? I can't find mine, and I'm not positive that it even came with my computer. I think it may not have come with my laptop here, and I'm getting this error, and every time I try to install an update it just starts and then asks for the CD, but I don't have it! I even tried installing the one that said you weren't supposed to have to use your CD, and then, I get half-way through and it asks for my CD! I'm not able to even CHECK mail or send mail or anything. It gives me the "Operation Failed" every time I try to do anything! HELP!! ?(

Back