Please review Pochampally.com

sridhar

Guppy
I miss Intro/Welcome kinda forums here.. !
Just signed up here with a reseller pack but I may well end up using it just myself. lol.
Hi guys'n'gals(?) My reason of existence here is this webshop Pochampally.com Although, some pages will not showup and some look incomplete, I could n't resist start posting here among you gud fellas ;) I welcome your suggestions.
Thankyou.

Re: ooO!! review my site please

Please no 'test orders' as the store is online!. thankyou for your cooperation. :smile:

Thanks Yash. :)
Do you always smile like your sig thing. its loooking cool. I will add that to mine as well with your permission hahaha.. and oh yes, i try to keep the smile ON always, as much as possible and especially with the customers, its a given. :)

sridhar said:
My reason of existence here is this webshop http://pochampally.com Although, some pages will not showup and some look incomplete, I could n't resist start posting here among you gud fellas ;) I welcome your suggestions.
Thankyou.

Good color scheme, looks visually appealing but there are a few things to touch on -

1. Use plain text wherever possible instead of flash and images. For example, the first text on your site that I found was the username/password input box... not even the name of your site is there.
2. Don't assume that everyone has flash installed.
3. You've got too many menu items for the top tabs and there is no way to intuitively know that there are more options up there. Also you have what appears to be three different navigation systems. That needs to be consolidated. Put some time and thought behind what you need to say and how you plan for people to find it.
4. Remember that Google is the biggest blind user of the Internet (as well as other search engines) - if you build your site to be text browser friendly it will help your rankings. Unfortunately to do that you're going to have to give up the flash navigation or make use of StyleSheets to get your text navigation closer to the top. If you want to see something very scary get the FANGS or Lynx plug in for FireFox and see what those without a graphical browser see.

Thanks Hatton..

For a quick look, here is what my visitors using to browse my shop..

---------------------------
MS Internet Explorer 93.4 %
Firefox 4.1 %
Netscape 1.4 %
Mozilla 0.6 %
Opera 0.1 %
----------------------------

Tested in all those browser default installations with flash installed ofcourse.. and it was ok. :)

Regarding the flash, We really thought a lot before coming up with those two navigations 'the top nav bar' and the left products menu. plus my visitors, fancy bells & wistles (at least this was what i felt during my last two months study of their behaviour on site.) Especially the left product categories menu is very well recieved.

3. too many menu items..yes i would have to agree. but the bottom CSS menu is giving 'txt links' to those robots, as you rightly pointed out that flash is not good there. hence the choice of another menu with consolidated options found on those two flash menus :) We also found it facilitating direct clicks to other categorie of products when scrolled down on a lengthy product thumbnail page.

I feel good to know we have a good color scheme there :)

Thanks man, very much appreciated.

-Batteries Not Included- said:
sridhar - The use of flash for the nav really sets it off! good ideas in that site!

you mean the top navbar or the products menu in the left column? or both? :ear:

-Batteries Not Included- said:
I actually meant both - good ideas but you may want to tweak to try and make more user friendly.
Hmm.. ok. thankyou for taking the time :).

I think its a bit confusing... i dont really know where to look when i goto it. maybe focus on usability and simplicity a bit more.

-OneTwo- said:
I think its a bit confusing... i dont really know where to look when i goto it. maybe focus on usability and simplicity a bit more.
Okay. Will keep that in mind on further modifications. Thanks. :)

Views on latest updates

Friends,

Just thought i would showup again .. to hear from you on latest updates on my site.:) sitemap (for bots) & such.. please have a look.

Request: no test orders again...its live
url: http://pochampally.com

Every designer has their own style. My main suggestions are as follows.
1. Too much information on the home page. I find that if customers have to look for what they want they don't stay.

2. The site is designed for 1024x800 resolution. I always try to stay at 800x600 or have a resizable site. Many people use lower resolution. For different reasons. Eye problems, Age, old computers. Nothing will frustrate a user more than scrolling vertically and horizonally to view the website.

3. The top scrolling menu - see # 1 above. you cannot see all the selections, if people are for example dyslexic and have problems reading, this will frustrate them and bye bye user.

4. The green info buttons 2 issues. 1. You must click in the text not the image. 2. People with mild color blindness will have problems with the colors of green for the Button and black for the text on the button believe it or not Many people see this as almost the same color.

I believe that ease of use is the single most IMPORTANT part of a website. A home page is your 1st impression and most important one. Make it easy to read and supply just enough information to engage the user.

Hope this helps, just my 2 cents worth.

hey jhpweb,

thanks for taking time. :)

first of all i am not a designer but a business man who knows a bit of this side too...

yes i did a bit with info buttons ...

regarding too much info on homepage i will keep that in mind and see what i can do to improve on that front

regards,

its too wide .. i am worried it might not fit resolutions such as 800x600 ... use browsercam.com to check it if you dont have this kind of resolution

Re: Views on latest updates

Take a look at http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http://www.pochampally.com

That will show you how google sees your website.

Other than that I'll save you the time and tell you that you should re-read the comments I left back on page 1 about the site before.

Quoting me statistics of what the traffic you have right now is does nothing to bring you new business. I'm assuming that's your goal, right? We are giving you advice and comments based on the concept of actually *increasing* your visitor base by making your site google (and other search engine) friendly.

Understand this - GoogleBot is the biggest user of the Internet and it surfs as if it were blind. It is only going to index the text... TEXT that it can read and it's only going to follow the links and content that it can see.

Back