Pleased with jodohost.

riley

Perch
I been with jodo for about 2-3 months now and I have decided that I have found a good home for my web sites. Some things here are done a little differently that I am used to, but that just took a little getting used to for me. The system performance has been excellent, the system availablility has been excellent and, most importantly, the support has been beyond excellent.

All in all, I'm really pleased. Please keep it up...

Thank you for your comment. We are striving to do better, as a result you will see even better services in couple of months.

Many times our prospective customer would like to visit the site to checkout our servers performance. Therefore we will greatly apprecite to include your site when making such comments (if possible). This also removes any doubt they may have whether comments are from a real customer.

atulkumar said:
Thank you for your comment. We are striving to do better, as a result you will see even better services in couple of months.

Many times our prospective customer would like to visit the site to checkout our servers performance. Therefore we will greatly apprecite to include your site when making such comments (if possible). This also removes any doubt they may have whether comments are from a real customer.

Your point is well taken so I will include the url here:
http://www.chicagomagic8990g.com

In case anyone is interested, the site is done with ASP.NET, DLLs compiled from both VB.NET and C#.NET, and an Access database.

To continue/enhance my remarks about jodohost, I would add that I was worried that I might have some problems because ASP.NET is relatively new. Most host's don't have the same experience level with .NET as they do with ASP 3. However, I have had NO PROBLEMS. Everything has worked exactly as is should, without fail.

You mean JODOHOST allows installing custom DLL

I am surprised to know that
JODOHOST allows installing custom DLL
Is that true ?
please clarify

Re: You mean JODOHOST allows installing custom DLL

BarryHern said:
I am surprised to know that
JODOHOST allows installing custom DLL
Is that true ?
please clarify

The DLLs to which I was referring are the result of any .NET Web Application you program. Hence, your site cannot run without them. These are not COM DLLs that are registered on the server. They are Managed Code (.NET) DLLs that reside in a /bin folder under your domain folder (e.g. yourdomain.com/bin) and are a part of your web application. Imagine what you would get if you could compile your ASP 3 vb scripts. Well that is (sort of) what these are.

So the answer to your question is that these aren't custom DLLs, per se.

Hope that helps.

riley said:
and an Access database..

Y would anyone use a desktop almost DB on a server? I was the java DB support lead at MS and only took Access cases when a bullet was pointed at my head. Fortunately I mostly did fortune 100 companies who rarely used Access.

I'm glad to hear you like it, I think I'll try them myself. My dev mules are Win03 - and my current hosting co - goDaddy.com runs only W2K. Does Jodo use W2K or W2K03?

Back