policy regarding legal adult content?

yorri

Perch
What is Jodohost's policy on the hosting of a website of personal pictures that are of adult nature? I have read the acceptable use policy and it does not mention adult content.

The content will NOT be illegal of any nature and the copyright of all pictures used will be owned by the owner of the site.

I am looking for a host for a client to start his site since the last webmaster screwed him over.

In the beginning there won't be much use for bandwidth although that isn't much of an issue at Jodohost since we pay for what we use anyway.

I don't see why this would be an issue for Jodohost but I would rather ask beforehand.

I'm sorry Yorri. We have a policy against Adult content and any content that can't be viewed by users under 18. Reason being that such websites are intensive on bandwidth and resources and we prefer not to host them.

Yash said:
I'm sorry Yorri. We have a policy against Adult content and any content that can't be viewed by users under 18. Reason being that such websites are intensive on bandwidth and resources and we prefer not to host them.

I can understand the issue of not wanting to host a site that can be viewed by underage people. I may not agree but it's not my business so it doesn't mean anything to me. I will just find another company willing to take the business.

But I don't understand about the issue of bandwidth. What has this got to do with anything?

If you offer a plan for 10GB of bandwidth and a site does under this...what is the problem? I don't understand the reasoning here. Even if they used the full 10GB or even more...you have charges for bandwidth overage.

Are you saying you don't want to host ANY busy site (because this doesn't have anything to do with adult content.)

I am curious because you never replied to an email (or was it a private message???) asking about another client I had that needed 50GB of bandwidth. This was a company about bicycles and they needed the site for their events and multimedia.

So based on your answer above, you don't want to host popular sites. This makes me feel very uncomfortable. Since you charge for ALL bandwidth used, I don't understand.

Is this because you expect your customers to use less than they pay for? I certainly hope this isn't the case because I will be very uncomfortable telling a client to use you as a hosting company if they have a site that uses high bandwidth or has intention of such in the future.

I'll let you respond before saying anything more. I hope it's just a misunderstanding.

The monthly transfer allocation you get can be used to the full (and we have customers that do so) as long as it is used for purposes that are not against our AUP (spamming, warez and adult content are not allowed).

Adult sites on average consume a much larger amount of bandwidth and resources than other websites. Keeping them off our servers allows us to provide more bandwidth to our other customers.

Yash said:
The monthly transfer allocation you get can be used to the full (and we have customers that do so) as long as it is used for purposes that are not against our AUP (spamming, warez and adult content are not allowed).

Adult sites on average consume a much larger amount of bandwidth and resources than other websites. Keeping them off our servers allows us to provide more bandwidth to our other customers.

I just thought it was a weird explanation...not trying to cause problems :)

Normally this isn't even going to be an issue. I just have one new client who is trying to find hosting and I just want to make sure he doesn't run into problems down the road....you know, the thoughts of a good business consultant...solve problems before they happen. I guess that is what you would like to avoid as well so I can very much respect that.

Thanks for replying Yash.

Back