Posting from vista speech recognition

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Has anyone else tried vista speech recognition?
I'm posting from a completely right now, using no hands and speaking in near complete sentences.
I'm very impressed with how accurate the engine is for everyday speaking and its command infrastructure to correct mistakes and errors.

If you have not tried it out of recommend one to the control panel, going to speech recognition options, and then turning on the speech recognition engine and doing the tutorial.

As you do the tutorial actually learns your voice and becomes more accurate you do not even have to do the training.

So if you haven't given it a try; I'd recommend doing it soon.

There is one thing I'd like to mention, it does not work with Firefox and thunderbird to input text. You can browse around pages and start new emails, but you cannot actually typed in your email or reply to a post in a forum like this.

I just got a new latop with Windows Vista and am using Thunderbird for the first time...does Thunderbird support the use of Vistas built in speech recognition?

Asking cause I can open a compose message window and address it using speech recnogition, but cannot get past this. Dont seem to have these problems in other apps.

Thanks

Back