Private Folder

bcandy

Guppy
We currently have a reseller account with Fasthosts here in the UK. There seems to be a small difference in the directory structure that could cause us a problem if we attempt to migrate over some of our customers over. The existing FTP root directory with our current supplier is below that of the html content, thus we can have a private folder underneath the web pages that cannot be accessed via the net. This allows things like access databases to be securely hidden out of reach.

Is there any way this can be replicated with you guys.

Root
Private ------
Htdocs ------

Yes, its the same thing with us as well. your FTP root is one directory below your public folders. Any folder you create in root is private

Yash said:
Yes, its the same thing with us as well. your FTP root is one directory below your public folders. Any folder you create in root is private

Forgive me if I am missing something, but I have just used FTP to logon to my domain, and my root folder seems to only contain a CP folder and the index and login html files. Surely if the root folder was private I would need a folder to contain my html pages above it?

bcandy said:
Forgive me if I am missing something, but I have just used FTP to logon to my domain, and my root folder seems to only contain a CP folder and the index and login html files. Surely if the root folder was private I would need a folder to contain my html pages above it?

SORRY!!! ME A COMPLETE IDIOT!!! Discount above post, got it sorted now.

Thanks for your help

Back