Private Forum For Resellers

It would be nice to have a private forum for resellers. They would need to request access to this forum. This way it will help keep our end a little more anonymous.

Markey

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering if it would be possible to keep the reseller forum from being spidered by google.

For instance, a member here goes by m-a-k-h-o-s-t-i-n-g. If I was a potential customer and I was doing a little research, I would discover that jodo is his source by looking at the third result in google. Then I would look at Jodo's plans and go with them instead. Good for jodo, bad for the reseller.

That is the problem with a few other providers I use. If you use the same name as a "chat" name on Yahoo or MSN... and on the forum and type it in on google you will find the forum...

Firstly, I strongly recommend that resellers do not post their host names on the forum and do not register usernames that are similar to their host name. Apart from that, the reseller forum should be used for general questions. The ticket system is always there for issues that involve your DNS host name.

The reseller forum is not indexed by google as such (I have that disabled from vBulletin's CP). I'll however consider having an access system for it. We've taken a large number of measures to prevent resellers being traced to us. For example, resellers are given IPs for different IP blocks etc. But resellers themselves must be careful about protecting their host name

If any reseller wants to change their forum username, just PM me.

resellerhost said:
I'm agreed on above issued and hopely yash get my PM.. :D

Thanks,

I changed your username as requested. I thought you may wanted to have changed it to anything without the word "host"

Back