Problem w/ Cerberus Helpdesk

I've been trying to open a ticket since yesterday. When I submit the ticket it looks as if everything worked only the ticket never shows up.?

I'm having a problem with a domain alias and my customers site is down, I could use some help.

Same, posted a ticket earlier, waited and waited, thought something was a bit wrong, so posted again.
No tickets showing.

Well, maybe another customer knows the answer....

I setup a domain alias called somedomain.com

when I browse to http://somedomain.com it works fine

but http://www.somedomain.com give me a "HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden"

I logged into the control panel and looked at the DNS setting for somedomain.com... I don't know a whole lot about these settings but under "Built in A records" it shows....

somedomain.com ....and
*.somedomain.com

This makes me think that http://anything.somedomain.com should all go to my domain??? So why then is www.somedomain.com not working?

set a A record for www

try JH's Live help if the ticket system down (note this is just what i would do, and alert them of the issue of the help desk aswell), not a JH Response

Sounds like DNS error on the first thing.
We may need to run recreation process, or possibly you have wrong DNS servers set for the domains.

As for support you can always reach us on livechat or you can email the ticket as well.
http://www.jodohost.com/help.asp

Thanks, for your responses...

I'm not sure why but everything is working now (as far a my alias, I don't know about the helpdesk)

Used livechat, and got my problem solved immediately.

However, I raised the issue about the ticket system not working, and was told to try it again, as there were no problems with it. I did, and no ticket again.

Maybe someone wants to double check it?

There was an issue with the reseller side of the ticket system that has been fixed. One of the mail boxes that handles tickets on the system was overquota.
sorry for that

My tickets submitted are not showing in hostory and also no confirmation email.

Please check and fix < I have a serious problem for a website and need to submit a ticket. I have been waiting for live chat soo long now and the customer is pissed.

QuietCalm

I found yesterday that the tickets were taking hours to appear. (along with the confirmation emails)

QuietCalm your few tickets got stuck in our external anti-spam service. I got them released manually. Let me know if you still have an issue here.
George, we are going to upgrade helpdesk to Cerberus3.2 and move it to a dedicated server to resolve all these issues.
Sorry for all inconveniences caused here.

Just so you are aware - a follow-up I posted to a ticket two days ago still hasn't appeared in the ticket thread.

Can you PM me the sender email or something so I can try to find out what happened here.

Any update on the Cerberus upgrade/dedicated. It gets pretty frustrating when ticket replies submitted through the helpdesk are taking sooooo looooong to appear. I sent one an hour ago and still hasn't shown up.

This really slows up the support process.

What's the situation with this problem?

A customer of ours logged a call, 9 hours later there was nothing in the Cerberus. Is an external SPAM filter a good idea with a ticket system? It could easily pick up on real emails as SPAM (for example someone logging a call reporting problematic SPAM)

Which brings me onto another note... What's the 'Monuentous Letter' SPAM issue at the moment... I am receiving 1000's every day at the moment across a lot of accounts. Is this a general SPAM issue or something related to Jodo?

Cheers
Greg

The cerberus issue was resolves yesterday. All tickets are coming in instantly at the moment. I ran a few tests.
if you submitted a ticket 9 hours ago, and it didn't show up, that it most likely got trapped in a spam filter. Simply resend it or come to live chat.

The help desk issue with slow tickets has been resolved.

I am receiving 1000's every day at the moment across a lot of accounts. Is this a general SPAM issue or something related to Jodo?

Its a general spam issue. Many hosts and servers are being hit by new spam attacks. if the inbuilt spam system is not catching all spam, I suggest looking at a commercial filtering solution.

This has been discussed before. THe more public your email address is, the more likely it is going to be bombarded with spam

Back