Problems connecting Enterprise manager

Prawns

Guppy
Hi,

I am not able to connect to mssql3 via Enterprise Manager. I followed the tutorial that Yash posted and I tried opening port 1433 on my router.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Any error message you're getting?
I don't have any database on MSSQL3, but I can connect to it fine here. Just get an invalid username error because I have none there ;)

Prawns said:
Hi,

I am not able to connect to mssql3 via Enterprise Manager. I followed the tutorial that Yash posted and I tried opening port 1433 on my router.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

what happens when you try to connect

Sorry, I realize now that I'm not being clear on what I'm trying to do. I am trying to register a new server in EM. I set up the client alias and then I run through the wizard. I give it my sql user id and password (which I know are working) and it never connects to the server. I get a timeout message.

I have actually had that happen before on one PC, but it ended up happening even on a LAN SQL server, so I knew it was the EM install, have you ever connected via EM to any server with this install? You may want to go download SP4 for SQL Server(it wil update the client tools as well), and that will probably fix it.

Back