Python installed?

matic

Guppy
Hi.

Is python installed on your web servers (www.python.org)? I did a search on this forum and there was a thread that hinted it may be installed, but it wasn't clear.

Python is an object oriented programming language often used with or in place of Perl and/or PHP. There seems to be an increased demand from customers for python support.

Thanks!

eko, are you confirming that python is installed on jodohost servers, or are you agreeing with the last statement of my previous post?

eko was in agreement it is needed.

I know for a fact it is NOT on windows servers. I need to check with a unix admin for confirmation on unix.

A unix administator just told me that python-1.5.2-38 is installed on the unix systems.

I can not say that it would run Zope or another framework however.

Thanks for checking Stephen. I think python support is much more popular on Linux servers anyways (like PHP and Perl). However, the latest version of python is 2.4.0 so 1.5.2 is really out of date. It sounds like it was included in the default install of Red Hat. Any hopes of getting it updated to 2.4?

I have a client interested in building a site using python (he actually wants a plone site). Do you now have the latest version of python installed? And if not, when do you expect to update it, if ever?

Thanks.
...Wayhome.

Submit a ticket and one of our linux admins would upgrade it to the latest on your server if it isn't.

OK -- seems this post answered the question, but two years ago...
Is Python installed on Windows servers now?
It is required, along with scripting support, in order to run the Google Sitemap tool (as other posters have mentioned). It would be a very benefitial tool, in my humble opinion.
Thanks
Tim

Back