Quick SPF question

ashoon

Guppy
When I activate SPF for a domain, does this activate incoming SPF testing as well as creating the DNS records for outgoing mail?

I have looked at the Psoft documentation and it isn't clear.

I am trying to fix a serious spam issue with a client who is getting a huge amount of false positives and false negatives from DSPAM, and I'm want to see if I can (or need to) activate SPF testing without having to post SPF records myself.

When I activate SPF for a domain, does this activate incoming SPF testing as well as creating the DNS records for outgoing mail?
At this moment, we are just publishing and adding SPF headers.
We are still not blocking emails from incorrect SPF senders due to an Hsphere issue we need to handle before we can apply such actions.

I am trying to fix a serious spam issue with a client who is getting a huge amount of false positives and false negatives from DSPAM, and I'm want to see if I can (or need to) activate SPF testing without having to post SPF records myself.

For newsletters, they sure need to whitelist as much as possible, as they are frequently crafted close to look identical to spam emails (from perspective of an automated system like dspam). It will be worth it to go ahead whitelist known senders as well. I know this is an extra effort, but blacklisting/whitelisting is the best anti-spam tool possible till date.

Back