qustion about packages etc...

snooper

Perch
bunch of questions about packages etc...

hey gang.

looks like there are some great services being offered here, but i just have some questions, before signing up.

1) in the comparison chart, sometimes its says "yes!" for options and sometimes "free!". does this mean that the "yes!" options are *not* free?

2) i have read all kinds of things here about justifying static/dedicated IPs etc.... whats the story? is this something i have to worry about? at my current host, all i do is buy a package and direct the Domain to it.

3) is there a saving by paying in advance?

4) what is "Mail Domains Aliases"?

5) also: whats a trial account?

6) how do the reseller accounts work? do i buy this account and then sell it to my clients? do they have a max num of users? on completely seperate domains/IPs?

7) re AUP: i have some sites that use mail-lists for visotors who subscribe. would i be able to use these on Jodo?

MANY thanks!

Re: bunch of questions about packages etc...

Welcome. I'm just a customer but let me take a stab at some answers for you.

1) Free vs yes - I guess it depends on what the item is. Looking at the packages page it looks to me like everything that is Yes is free (again, I'm only a customer so what do I know). I think the things that say Free say Free instead of Yes because other hosts may say yes but they charge for them. Restoring from backup for example.

2) I am using standard shared hosting. I don't have any secure SSL needs. So I don't worry about any of the static/dedicated IP address issues. Sounds like your needs are probably about the same as mine. If you need SSL then you need to get a static/dedicated IP address and that appears to be free for the first one you need.

3) No savings by paying in advance. Most people pay month-to-month because I believe (and I may be wrong) that they don't offer refunds. So if you pay 12 months in advance and leave after 6 months you will not get a refund. I pay 1 month in advance every month. Although service has been so good I'm thinking of paying for a whole year so I don't have to mess with paying every month.

4) Mail domain alias? Don't know.

5) I think they let you have an account for 7 days without paying any money. After 7 days you need to pay in order to keep the account running. Basically you can try the service for 7 days for free.

6) Reseller accounts are new. Basically you buy the package then resell it however you want. Set your own pricing, do your own tech support, etc. Any tech support that you cannot actually physically do (like some backup or restore) you ask JodoHost to do for you. You can completely brand your account to your own name. Nobody will know you're a JodoHost reseller.

7) Don't know.

Again, welcome to the forum. Let us know if you have more questions. :)

snooper said:
hey gang.

looks like there are some great services being offered here, but i just have some questions, before signing up.

1) in the comparison chart, sometimes its says "yes!" for options and sometimes "free!". does this mean that the "yes!" options are *not* free?

2) i have read all kinds of things here about justifying static/dedicated IPs etc.... whats the story? is this something i have to worry about? at my current host, all i do is buy a package and direct the Domain to it.

3) is there a saving by paying in advance?

4) what is "Mail Domains Aliases"?

5) also: whats a trial account?

6) how do the reseller accounts work? do i buy this account and then sell it to my clients? do they have a max num of users? on completely seperate domains/IPs?

7) re AUP: i have some sites that use mail-lists for visotors who subscribe. would i be able to use these on Jodo?

MANY thanks!

1) Yes = Free. Just a different way of putting it
2) You don't need a dedicated IP to host your domain with us. You only need a dedicated IP is you plan to use extra services such as Shared SSL
3) No. But brawney is incorrect. We will refund you for unused months if you pay for a year in advance
4) If you set yourdomain.net as a mail alias for yourdomain.com, aliases will be created for all your yourdomain.com email addresses. If you send a email to [email protected], it would go to [email protected]
5) As brawney explained
6) You get a large amount of resources. You can sell these resources to your customers under your own brand name and basically be an independent hosting company. You get a certain number of accounts (15 in ValueHost) which means you can sell 15 accounts to your customers from the available resources. After that, each additional account is $0.50/month
7) As long as these emails aren't unsolicited, they are OK.

Back