Re dspam DNS changes

snooper

Perch
got the message regarding the upcoming DNS change, towards launching dSpam server wide.

This is a good thing, but i would like to point out that i would like to see a LOT more training done still.
me and my clients are still getting MANY false positives, which can be a very tricky situation. At least the original emails still comes attached, so i can still see those.

but prior to dspam, i was getting more accurate results using Spambayes in Outlook 2003.

So in effect, dspam is not cutting down the spam - because spam is still coming thru - just branded as such - so its not decreasing the traffic. so the only effect then, is getting the false positives.

how can we improve the training,
and if this does not work - will there be an option to de-activate dspam on a per plan or per domain basis?

Thanks!

dspam is not being used right away. Here we are just completing the package installation and MX change is a part of it. We are certainely working on making dspam even better and with current results (i know it has been different for you, but not for all) it is way ahead of spamassassin. dspam will never appear in plans, as you already have control panel options to decide fate of the message.

I have followed a bit on this new dspam... but how will we be able to activate or deactivate it for our clients? You mention we will never see dspam in control panel...

Thanks

Does that mean the mail service anti-spam / anti-virus settings in the control panel will no longer have any effect on anything?

Oh... if there is an instructional guide you guys have created about the new dspam that I have missed... just point me there.

Spamassassin will continue to work dspam is JUST a tag tool spam assassin will sort it as per your wishes(delete, move to different inbox, deliver with tag, etc)

Hi Stephen, please let me know about DNS MX,

I need change DNS MX one by one, for each client before use dspam ?

What happening if i don?t change DNS MX?

Thanks

No dspam changes will be made automatically, you'd only need to change to take OFF dspam.

Spamassassin will continue to work dspam is JUST a tag tool spam assassin will sort it as per your wishes(delete, move to different inbox, deliver with tag, etc)

excuse me Stephen, I'm still not sure :
antispam setting on CP will control dspam such as to spamassassin??
spamassassin will be removed?

Spamassassin is not being removed. Instead you can now use it to manage your dspam preferences. dspam is going to add just a header(currently it changes subject as well). Spamassassin already has a serverwide rule to give a very high spam score to dspam marked spam.
If you have spamassassin disabled, you will not see any changes( dspam is just adding a header here, message left intact). And If you have it enabled it will be as usual with increased accuracy due to dspam.
However we recommend to keep anti-spam settings to permissive so you rely more on dspam results. It produces far less false positives than spamassassin.

I would like to menton that this setup has many benefits, like it introduces an extra redundancy to our mail setup. In case mailserver is not accessible, these anti-spam gateway will queue mails( can upto 5 days).

Tanmaya and Stephen,

I would suggest a tutorial or instruction guide be written up for this custom system so everyone can properly relay it to their customers. This can be very confusing for me... especially being a custom system. A nice PDF with diagrams or what not would be perfect and I believe it would alleviate many questions down the road.

Just a thought

I would really like to get this done. Just let me see how soon i can find time for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would really like to get this done. Just let me see how soon i can find time for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was just having to revisit the antispam solution here at Jodo and find myself not 100% clear on the whole process. Was a document ever created that clearly defines the whole process?

Thanks

Back