read / write directory access

1. How do I grant read/write access to a directory? u know for things like image upload.

2. Do I have access to directories of domains from the adminstrator control panel without having to log on to individual accounts to give a particular directory write access ?

Goosh! just leaning this cp stuff is turning out to be a 3 credits college course.

I just got done viewing a flash tutorial about webshell from http://www.shoreconnection.com/hsphere/hsphere23_eu_webshell3.htm and the difference I see is that the properites does not appear for my accounts, so I cannot issue folder rights. Admin can you fix this or tell me how to?

The second question still remains: can I adminster folder rights to my accounts from the admin control panel?

....and offcourse the third question. Webshell does not show up for any of my accounts except one. the one pointing to win1. the rest point to win4 and that does not show. I have tried deletion and recreation same prob. sent ticket 2 million years ago....still waiting.

That flash tutorial is for Linux. Support for Windows directory permissions should be available in WebShell4 which should be released soon. Youll have to contact us to change dir permissions

The admin control panel allows you to login to anyone's account bypassing the login screen. Just do a blank search. You can then use webshell to view their files

We are looking into why webShell is not working on Win4

Yash said:
That flash tutorial is for Linux. Support for Windows directory permissions should be available in WebShell4 which should be released soon. Youll have to contact us to change dir permissions

The admin control panel allows you to login to anyone's account bypassing the login screen. Just do a blank search. You can then use webshell to view their files

We are looking into why webShell is not working on Win4

Once again thanks Yash. Is it possible for support to send a message like this so we know what is going on?. instead of the generic "your ticket has been received autoresponders". This will cut down on support tickets and Because most of the time we can work around a technical problem if we identify it. The only reason I needed webshell was to give aspnet modify rights to my subfolder. I could have requested that if I knew I could not do that in Webshell anyway.

Please grant ASP.NET "Modify" rights to the following folders: "xxxxxxxx" and "xxxxxxxx" and allow those rights to propagate to anysubfolder inside those two directories. Thanks.

Ps: Please Note "Modify" rights as opposed to just "Read/write" 'cos my app creates, writes to, and delete files to this directories and the subdirectories.

Hi

Please send this via ticket. We need to know your ftp login, server, the directories and the required permissions

Yash said:
Hi

Please send this via ticket. We need to know your ftp login, server, the directories and the required permissions

thanks Yash I just sent in a ticket and deleted my old ticket for webshell.
I wrote the above here dispite the security implications because it is quicker to get a response here than through a ticket.....

Well, if you want something done on the server, its better to submit a ticket because one of our admins would do it. Posting it here makes it difficult because hardly any of our admins browse the forums. I'm only useful for your general questions which you could post here

Right now its Sunday night so please give this a few hours. One of our admins will look into your request shortly.

Correct me if I am wrong... but the servers should be setup with Hsphere to allow the IIS anonymous user read and write permissions on the entire site? Meaning any web user can write to any folder on the site. I think Psoft does this by default to save on support tickets asking to allow this.

Markey

MarkeyHost said:
Correct me if I am wrong... but the servers should be setup with Hsphere to allow the IIS anonymous user read and write permissions on the entire site? Meaning any web user can write to any folder on the site. I think Psoft does this by default to save on support tickets asking to allow this.

Markey

That is correct. But this isn't done with ASP.NET

Back