Reported Abuse

I just got an email that a client's site was hosting "illegal content" and therefore their /image/ dir had been blocked.

I immediately replied to the email trying to get some actual information, and tried to get on live chat but no one was there. The email came in at about 4:40 PM my time leaving little to no time to try to figure out what is going on until tomorrow.

I'm sure the TOS must allow for it, but it would be nice if we could be given some actual information (like what the illegal content was, or specifically which files, or how it was determined to be illegal - or anything helpful) rather than just shutting down all the images of the products sold without any notice. Perhaps the site was hacked and something was uploaded. It would seem nice to notify the client and give them a chance to resolve the issue first. Now we can't even access this dir, yet we are told in the email to resolve the issue. Not sure how we can fix something we can't see, can't access, and don't have a clue what is wrong with it. And my email hasn't been replied to and live chat is empty.

It was most likely phishing content in the images folder, that is what 90%+ of such TOs notices are about. normally we try to attach the original complaint but sometimes it is all garbled and not able to be attached well. (one auto reporting system makes a mangled mess of their reports)

You are best in this case to send a ticket, and for phishing we are required by upstream carriers to disable access on first notice if we do not they give us 24 hours notice to termination. :eek: The phishing cases normally happen due to some code vulnerability to access to the folder has to be disabled.

Just re-read the TOS and it does give JODO the right to shut it down without notice. So no problem there.

However, it would be nice if more information were given. At this point, we can't remove anything, verify anything, troubleshoot anything because we have no idea what this "illegal contents" is/are and have no access.

So, how are we supposed to "fix" this?

Hi Stephen!

Didn't see your post before I just posted again...

I don't know how whatever got there got there, and I seriously doubt every single file in that folder is "bad". So what do we do?

Hi Stephen!

Didn't see your post before I just posted again...

I don't know how whatever got there got there, and I seriously doubt every single file in that folder is "bad". So what do we do?

send a ticket about it, normally the last line requests you to do this as well, maybe in a hurry to send notice some content was left out, we pretty much use a form letter for these cases now however.

I did reply back to the email I got (not sure if that counts as a ticket).

I'm glad this wasn't a site I developed. :)

I did reply back to the email I got (not sure if that counts as a ticket).

I'm glad this wasn't a site I developed. :)

no a reply to the mail you got normally goes to the tech on duty at the time of send, and since shift changed, we won't see it as a group.

Actually i can see your reply on abuse, just had to redownload the headers.

look at the directory listing he has given there, it has the details of major php exploit/dos/deface scripts running in that folder.

BTW this wasn't a case of phishing as I first thought, so that is why some of the content was different than normal.

Back