Reseller DNS IP Migration

I know previously we have been given a timeline as to when something will be implemented and those timelines haven't always been accurate and delays can always happen.

Is there some way that we can be notified when our IP's are ready, or will we need to check the CP every 15 minutes for the next 24 to 48 (+?) hrs to see when our new IP is available?

A mass-email will be sent when the new IPs are available
You DO NOT have to check your CP every 15 minutes.

The move is very straightforaward.. we simply plan to bind the new IPs to the new name servers and update the hsphere databases.. We'll keep both the IPs up for as long as we can.... Hopefully enough time for resellers to change over.

There is no question of downtime if u change over

Just to reassure resellers, we are assembling an expert team and all of us will be working 24x7 during this major shift.

Igor (owner of HSphere/psoft) has already committed to us two of their techs to this process so they will be taking part in this migration as well. We have our best admins on this as well during the weekend. Stephen has flown back to Texas this weekend to enjoy it with his family, he has however been recalled..

We are also working on call-operations, to call every single reseller informing them about the IP change when it has been completed. if you want to be notified by phone, ensure your # is correct in your CP

Yash, perhaps you can clarify in advance what this means to me so that I'm not scratching my head at the last minute....

myNameserver.net is registered with Jodohost/directi, and the nameservers for it are the two jodoshared.com nameservers.

Under 'Manage Child Name Server' in the domain control panel it says the IPs for myNameserver.net are 64.156.221.50 and 64.156.221.55.
I presume this is what I will need to change?

All domains for my other accounts use ns1.myNameserver.net and ns2.myNameserver.net, and have no child name servers.

None of my accounts use any dedicated IP addresses. Will I need to change anything else?

thanks

bro's post brought up another question.

Are any of the website IP's affected by this change? IE if my website has a dedicated IP will I have to do anything with it? I have a client that hosts their own domain name will their IP change?

Your email and post only refer to Nameservers.

phase #1 - change in DNS IPs
phase #2 - all website IPs using the old IPs will change too

phase #2 requires no intervention from you really.. When the ip addresses for the websites change... the dns servers will also be updated and your sites will begin loading from the new IPs in time.. The old ips will continue to route as long as level(3) keeps them up...

However those who have dedicated IPs.. and have created A records at their registrars.. they'd need to update their A records.. An announcement regarding this is planned for later...

OK, Yash - just to clarify (because I am felling a little confused) If I never actually requested any dedicated ip, then I don't have to do anything, don't have to make any changes myself??? thanks, Megan

From what I've read, looks like you're dumping level3. Any domains associated with IP's other than the block starting with 204.* are going to be shut down and migrated to the 204.* block. So basically, we're going to have to go through all our domains and change the IP's that do NOT start with 204 once they have migrated everything. Is this right?

Megan:

If you're a reseller, you always get 2 dedicated IPs for your nameservers.
You could be using the generic IPs for the servers, but since it provides less privacy, most resellers don't.

If you're not a reseller and don't have any manual DNS entries pointing towards any dedicated IP sites, you shouldn't have to do anything.

All website shared and dedicated IPs will be changed too in 12 hours from now. Announcements will be made...

Is resseller CP down?
I'm getting:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Yash,

You guys said that CP will be down, but all of my sites on down. It's Saturday, when all of my customers buy.

What's going on? I am on chat right now, but they don't know.

Adam

Win5 seems to be down, too. Is this a result of IP changes as well or another issue?

The ticket system is down, so I sent an e-mail to reseller support, but have not recieved an auto-reply. My previous shared hosting accounts are under my reseller account, but they are still pointing to ns1.jodoshared.com. Should that have been changed to point to my reseller name servers to avoid IP problems?

no win5 domain should be down.. PM me if it is..

FYI.. Win6 and Win7 are being migrated... Win6 having issues.. Win7 isn't..

We'll straigthen out Win6 shortly

It was down for about 30 minutes, but is back up now. Thanks anyway. I eventually recieved an auto-reply from the ticket system, too. Just took a while (almost 20 minutes).

Back