Reseller Live Chat

Hi.

Does anyone use the livechat offered to resellers with JodoHost support crew?

Ifso, please share your comments here on private msg me.

I would also like to know other resellers feedback so that we can improve this service, if so required.

For your information, our sales, billing and support handled close to 500 chat sessions during the period Sept. 1 to Sept. 9. Most chat sessions took over 20 minutes. You can imagine how much effort we put in here. This costs us a lot.

enforcer said:
Hi.

Does anyone use the livechat offered to resellers with JodoHost support crew?

Ifso, please share your comments here on private msg me.

Although I am not a big fan of live chat... mainly because I can share a lot more information quicker in verbal form than chat, but I have used it several times. The response was quick and my questions answered.

I do at times like it better than a trouble ticket only because I can give a little more direct feedback.

Regardless... out of few times I have needed help things were answered very quickly.

I've used it a couple of times and it has worked very well. It does take more of my time than firing off an email, as I then have to sit and wait to respond to the support person, so normally I only use it if something is really urgent.

I have used it a couple of time when something urgent has cropped up. So far so good. Always resolved my problems quickly.

The new chat system is alot better than the the last one as well.

By all means please use the ticket system. It is our primary form of support. Only if there is some urgency or there is something you feel that can be resolved faster on live chat, then use it. However the service is there for all customers & resellers. You don't HAVE to use it, but its there for you

Tickets allow multiple techs to keep track of problem history. Live chat doesn't allow that to be done.

Yash said:
By all means please use the ticket system. It is our primary form of support. Only if there is some urgency or there is something you feel that can be resolved faster on live chat, then use it. However the service is there for all customers & resellers. You don't HAVE to use it, but its there for you

Tickets allow multiple techs to keep track of problem history. Live chat doesn't allow that to be done.
I always do that. I submit a ticket. If its urgent i contact LiveChat.

Thanks for all your replies and comments.
Reading through them, I kinda got the impression that some folks thought I was referring to live chat that anyone can use.

I was referring more to the livechat that JodoHost supplies to the resellers' customers.

enforcer said:
Thanks for all your replies and comments.
Reading through them, I kinda got the impression that some folks thought I was referring to live chat that anyone can use.

I was referring more to the livechat that JodoHost supplies to the resellers' customers.

That's what I thought you were talking about, which is why I replied saying I didn't know Jodo did offer that to Resellers customers.

Can someone from Jodo confirm if you do offer Live Chat support to Reseller customers?? If so, how do you go about getting it set up and what are the costs involved.

from what i know, they dont offer chat support, as that would be hard to manage, etc.

i believe they only provide ticket support at $0.50 a month per an account - 2 accounts (admin and service accounts). (only 2 )

Greggers said:
Can someone from Jodo confirm if you do offer Live Chat support to Reseller customers?? If so, how do you go about getting it set up and what are the costs involved.

Thanks Greggers - I noticed you picked up on the question.
I went back to the JH site looking for a link to live chat support for resellers. All I could find was the anonymous support on offer (http://www.jodohost.com/anonsupport.asp).

Either I read it somewhere and can't find it again or, my bad.

Emagine said:
that would be hard to manage

thats why i thought to get some feedback from resellers that may be using the service.

I think you're right in saying JH dont offer chat support. I honestly thought i read it somewhere on the site.

my bad.

Cool - I thought I was missing out on something then :)

When Atul replied saying they got through 500 chat sessions on Sales/Techincal etc I thought excellent, where do I sign, Jodo can take the pre-sales off our hands :D:D

Let me tell you.. we are definately looking to expand our anonymous support services to resellers. But not just yet. We have our hands full with a rather large to-do list of new features & services (localised hosting, new vps platform, etc.)

I have always been interested in offering live chat & even phone support to resellers. But at the moment, we have conducted no feasability assesment nor has this been discussed in the team. But nonetheless, I have this idea on my mind and when the time is right (early next year), we'd look into this in more detail. By that time.. most of you should be a little bigger and needing support :)

Back