reseller packages - when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASPMan

Guppy
I had opened a ticket sometime ago and JodoHost told me they'd be launching reseller packages in a week. Don't see them yet. I'll probably be the first to upgrade because I mainly do hosting for my web design clients and many would like CP and FTP access.

Any idea when these are going to be for sale, the prices and features?

well, I'm hoping they'd be for sale by the end of this week. It really depends on how quickly we can setup our VPS servers. Our resellers would be able to create and sell their own VPS plans off these servers.

Prices would start from around $35/month giving you 2.5GB of Summary Disk Space. Would include unlimited domains and databases. You could sell upto 10 or 15 accounts in this plan and further accounts could be purchased at $0.50/month per account. Nothing of this is confirmed yet. Atul has been working on the packages and he could shed more light on them

I've already outlined the features of these packages before. You could be a complete independent host with your own packages, control panel, name servers, etc. You could sell all the features we do

Currently I have a trial account setup with Jodo, and I would be interested in signing up for the reseller packages when they come out, but my trial account will probably end before then. Is it possible to setup for the titanium package, and then have it upgraded to reseller when they come out?

Cheers!

You can't upgrade from Shared to Reseller, HSphere is not designed like that. I'd recommend you wait for the Reseller packages to go online instead of taking the Titanium package.

That is great.....I would like to be put on the list for a reseller package. I have been waiting for the last couple of months. Thanks for the work guys.

Very nice. Although I only run an eCommerce site, I'd definately be interested in this.

So basically paying $5 more on the titanium gives us 2.5 times more disk space and a whole bunch of great features?

Well, i know this is a huge leap for a small price (for titanium customers that is), but we don't believe everyone would be interested in these packages. HSphere's reseller system is really powerful but you do have to invest some amount of time in learning how to use it. Have a look at the reseller manual - http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/reseller/index.html

If I wanted to enter the hosting industry, what we are offering would be my dream package. You really won't find any company offering all the software and platforms we will at this price :)

I'm sure I could put in sometime on the weekend. This is something I'm getting excited about now :)

Just a quick question, my customers would use my own CP like - cp.myhostname.com?
Is there anyway a customer could find out im a reseller? :)

What else would I need to start selling to customers? Any advice from you about the hosting market?

yes, it would be http://cp.yourhostname.com:8080

http://cp.jodoshared.com:8080 is our reseller control panel. So basically all our packages are running off a reseller package. Our actual admin control panel is located at http://cp.myhsphere.biz:8080

It is very difficult for someone to discover you are a reseller. Not only do you get separate host names, you get separate IPs for your name servers as well. We have taken some additional measures to ensure resellers can't be traced back to us. That will however remain a secret (in order to protect resellers)

Yash, I didn't see the amount of transfer/bandwidth the reseller account comes with. Otherwise what I see looks like a fantastic deal.

How is it handled if one of our customers abuses the system? Do you shut them down then contact us to handle it? Hopefully you wouldn't shut down my entire reseller account.

Also, how much atual control do we have over maintenance such as working with people's databases and such? Do we still need to go through you for that stuff?

You'd get about 30GB of transfer with the $35/month package. Package details will be on our site by Monday hopefully.

If someone abuses, we'll contact you with the details and ask you to inform the customer and take action. However if its a serious abuse which could bring down the server, we'd suspend and then inform you. No, we would not suspend your reseller account. Only the customer account in question

Don't know what you mean by maintenance. You could directly login to anyone's account from the reseller CP. It would also allow you to retrieve account and FTP passwords. You'd have the same control over databases that your customers would have. For DBO permissions, etc. you'd have to go through us.

Hey Yash,

I was wondering what are the payment plans are going to look like. (i.e. can the reseller do per month, quartly, yearly....)

Second thing....how are are upgrades going to happen. Lets say I become a reseller and all of a sudden I have 15-20 people want to create an account. How easy will it be for me to add space, bandwidth, and all the other good stuff?

I look forward to Monday.

The reseller packages have been decided. They'll be open to signups this friday (hopefully sooner)

Upgrades are as easy as in shared hosting. You can add resources and change between plans from within the CP.

Yash said:
The reseller packages have been decided. They'll be open to signups this friday (hopefully sooner)

Upgrades are as easy as in shared hosting. You can add resources and change between plans from within the CP.
I look forward to seeing the reseller packages! One question that I have is how difficult will it be if someone decides to upgrade from one of the shared packages to a reseller plan to switch everything over?

Also, will the reseller accounts have the same "instant access" services (to allow access from the web without a domain so that a decent reseller site can be built) and will we be able to customize the user logins for control panel access?

If you are a shared customer, we could actually shift your account account to a plan under your reseller plan. This is an HSphere feature which we haven't tried yet. But if it works, then you'd have to do nothing. If it doesn't, you'd have to reupload and transfer all your files to an account within the reseller package as if you were with a new host.

Yes, the system would generate instant access domains with your service domain name - d13133.x23.yourservicedoname.com. You'd have to create name servers for your service domain (with your registrar) and point them to the IPs given to you. Then you'd have to point your service domain to those name servers. After a 48 hour propgation period, you could access your control panel - cp.yourservicedomain.com, servers - win1, win2, win3, mssql1, web, mysql, pgsql.yourservicedomain.com and your name servers. Once your service domain is setup, you could create user accounts and deploy your corporate site in one of them.

You could customize headers, the login page area, colors, signup text, etc. See the Reseller guide at hsphere.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back