Resellers: 24x7 Support for your customers?

Yash

Bass
I actually tabled this idea at a meeting today. What we are thinking to do is offer to provide 24x7x365 support to the customers of our resellers free for the number of control panels/users included in your reseller package (15 in ValueHost). After that, resellers would have to buy support for additional users at very reasonable rates.

This would basically allow resellers to concentrate on sales and let us provide your customers with around the clock support (which can be a great marketing tool as well). This would of course be completely optional and I'd like to know what resellers think of this and what pricing would they consider fair

This of course would be a major investment for us, we'd need to boost our staff levels to meet the additional support requirements. Our emphasis on employee selection now is also good communication skills and fluency of language. We understand that 1 or 2 of our administrators had difficulty in that and we have already taken the decision to move them away from support roles (beginning next week). So our support team would now consist of qualified administrators (with certifications such as MCSE) that do have good communication skills.

I appreciate if all customers commented.

Support would of course be provided anonymously. We'd be aiming for response times under 60 minutes for normal priority tickets and sales/billing questions would remain untouched

I think that would be an excellent idea! And it would eclipse many of your reseller features in popularity.

I think providing free support for the first 15 customers would be fair and after that maybe a rate of $1/month per additional customer would be excellent :)

I personally think you have an excellent team. Rajneesh, Rinkesh, yourself and Stephen are very good with support and do give clear responses. Only person I'm disappointed with is Harish and I wouldn't like him to give support to my customers

Just my thoughts

Yes, harish wouldn't be in a support role any longer. He is a good administrator but he isn't the best communicator. His support role would be replaced by another guy joining us this Friday. I had a chat with him earlier today. He holds a MCSE, has lots of experience under his belt and has excellent communication skills

Yes, this would be of tremendous value. I am just about to embark on the reseller journey, and one thing I was wondering about is how I would give proper support to my future clients. It's all well and good if it's just your brother's or uncle's personal page you're hosting and something goes wrong. They can wait until you get home from shopping or the beach. But if you host an ecommerce site, or a company's lead system, and they can't get to the site, ot their email is down, they expect action!

And I second the $1/month per user over the package allotment! :D

Yash said:
Great, we plan to go ahead with this. I'll announce more details in the coming weeks

If you can include any person who speaks Spanish I'll definitively pay, even without receiving the free support for the first 15 accounts

Maybe this is unlikely, but hey! I decided to try my luck :)

Yash said:
You sure your customers would mind getting support in english?

Not 100% sure but I'll offer them your support in English if you decide to implement it

Thanks

One more question. Will you be able to provide anonymous support by phone too? Some people prefer to solve any issue by phone

By phone, not at the moment. we don't provide phone support to our customers either unless its an emergency

We can answer 5 tickets in the amount of time it takes to deal with one phone call.

Yash said:
By phone, not at the moment. we don't provide phone support to our customers either unless its an emergency

We can answer 5 tickets in the amount of time it takes to deal with one phone call.

Yes Yash, I was talking about an emergency. Sorry for not be more clear. But in that case, would it be possible?

So would we see the tickets at all?

I mean, if we are available and can handle the ticket ourselves..
Also to know what kind of problems our customers are having..

-Norman

Tickets would be answered from your Administrative account's inbuilt ticket system. That's your ticket system so yes you'd see all the tickets we would answer and you'd also receive a copy of all our responses.

This would be completely optional to our resellers as Yash outlined.

We unforunately would not be able to do phone support for our resellers however at the moment.

But yes, we could have some sort of system in place where you could indicate when you would want us not to answer tickets.

Hey All,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond this post. Here is my 2 cents worth.

I don't know if this would be worth the money for me. First of all MOST of my issues get sent to you guys anyway. Lets look at an example: I have a customer that emails me because he or she wants to give ASP.NET account permissions to a specific directory. I get the ticket then I have to open a ticket with JodoHost and they have to do it.
See jodohost is aready getting the ticket anyway. Most of my tickets are tickets that I do not have any control over.

Second, (I am not complaining) I have issues with some of the support team. If it is a basic issue the issue gets resolved quick, but if the issue is a little complicated, like fixing MS SQL Manager they pepper you with questions that are not really relevent to the problem then after about 3 or 4 days it gets fixed and I sometimes don't know if I want my customers to deal with the rat race. I don't know how many times I have sent a ticket with all the information just to get back a response of "Check it....it is done" and it is not. At least if I field the problems I can be a buffer to all of the Jodohost issues.

To me this is a great idea, if I was getting huge amounts of tickets. If jodohost is having issues I get tons of tickets but if Jodohost is stable (like right now) I get about one ticket a week out of 30 customers.

That is my 2 cents.

P.S. I have 2 tickets open right now one is about a couple of weeks old and the other is about 2 days old.

Shamrox, certain issues like the MS SQL Manager issue are things that we never created and do not understand the working. Control panel issues just have to be answered by PSOFT, that is the whole problem at the moment. However, PSOFT is revamping their support structure and within a month, they would be able to answer us faster and that would translate into faster response times on control panel issues

Also, just 12 hours ago, I emailed new support procedures to all our administrators. No ticket will remain unanswered in our ticket system without a reason for now on. Ticket responses for normal priority tickets will be brought down to 30 minutes from 60 minutes. We will have a new Support Manager that would be responsible for ticket responses and quality of responses. These new procedures should kick-in very soon

We will also begin providing detailed explanations on the problems. We were avoiding this because some customers just do not understand and would start asking even more questions. We will ensure we have a proper support structure before we continue with this idea

What has happened with this? Do Jodohost offer support for 'end users' through resellers now or what?

I'd love to have this in the packages that we're selling, it can be a turn-point when signing up with a host.

Hello, yes we are working on this. We expect to be offering such services to our resellers in about 4 weeks from now

Back