Ruby on Rails ETA?

alvin

Guppy
Any chance of getting Ruby installed on the servers any time soon? This language is starting to gain popularity (especially with the ajax integration) and it would be nice if your servers offered this. From my understanding Ruby is a low overhead scripting language similar to PHP plus it is open source and free so it should not be terribly difficult to add.

The only issue might be the support, but I doubt many people would be asking for help initially anyways as it is still much smaller then PHP.

Tomcat (or similar) would also be very very nice. Any forcast on when this might happen also? I nned to have a second host because of this (I already host with you guys for most of my sites).

There are some "issues" with integrating ruby on the current version of hsphere, when we make the leap to 2.5 it may be more viable.

Bumping this old thread....

Can I assume that since Jodo is not going to move to 2.5 that we have no Ruby support until 3.0 is ready?

I love spamming

Attachments

• 12536_30693A.jpg
    12536_30693A.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 141
any updates?

It is available now on SD services, there is a problem with the hsphere supported apache preventing us from allowing it on the shared reseller/shared jh servers at the moment that would make it to quit after a while, so we are working on that to get it updated and compiled with some different parameters.

Has this been solved? I have a client looking to do this with a basic shared plan.

No it has not been solved. I elaborated on the problem on another post somewhere here, but if we enable RoR on a server it crashes php and perl for many users, so the benefit of having it only to crash the other platforms is greatly detrimental to the servers.

Back