Semi-Dedicated to VPS?

dutton

Perch
I have a semi-deciated plan right now with one client on it. I also have a small Reseller package here as well.

I am thinking moving to the new VPS package would be a good option for us - unless Jodohost does not recommend it. I just want to keep everything together and allow for better overall management of my clients.

The one question is though - since we are on Semi-Dedicated, we have 5 MS-SQL databases and 1 or 2 MySQL databases - what would need to be done to move these over if I went to the VPS?

One last question - is there a better stats program available?

Dutton,

It really depends on needs. With semi dedicated we keep the server management end, including when there are "attacks" on a site like there were last week.

With VPS, we can assist up to one hour a month but it is NOT managed services. If you are comfortable with going in and doing an iisreset, checking mail queue if delivery is delayed, etc VPS is for you. If you do not know or what to manage this you may want to stay on SD. We will be announcing some new availability of SD services in the coming weeks, as it has been sold out for quite a while now.

Back