Settang up own imap webmail client

energed

Guppy
Setting up own imap webmail client

Hi,
I could not get my own (HastyMail) IMAP webmail client to work.
What are settings?
Are these right IMAP settings?

address: mail.own_domain.com
port: 143
imap authentication: plain

I just cannot get connection to imap server.

Thanks

I get this error if i try that ip (63.209.158.6) or my domain mail address (mail.mydomain.com).

trying to connect to the IMAP server at this address: 63.209.158.6
connection on a normal socket on port # 143
could not connect to the imap server: 110Connection timed out

That IP doesn't look right.. You probably added a custom A record at some point, to point to the mailserver? It should be 204.14.107.1 (assuming your mail is on the first mailserver)

Ok. I got this IP fromthis forum. I used search. But thanks, i'll give a try for this.

I tell you how it went.

Ok, i tried ip you suggested. It did't respond at all. I pinged my mail.kimmopuurunen.com and got ip:204.14.107.174. The problem is that when my web mail client tries to connect it via IMAP there comes error about connection timed out.

I have to try standalone client with imap.

Ok. I tried to connect to mails through IMAP and i worked. So there must be some other explanation to this problem. I'll look into it.

But thanks guys!

that IP was extremely old, you can get the IP from your control panel, and mail info for the correct information.

Could there be some restrictions that www-server cannot open connection to my mail.kimmopuurunen.com address?

I have this shared server package.

Thanks Stephen! You are right.

It really looks like that there is no IMAP extension in PHP.

Here is listing:

PHP Version 4.3.11

System Linux web2.m****here.biz 2.4.21-20.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Aug 18 20:46:40 EDT 2004 i686
Build Date Jun 20 2005 21:58:58
Configure Command './configure' '--localstatedir=/var/hsphere/php' '--with-apxs=/hsphere/shared/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-zlib=/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-bz2=/usr' '--enable-calendar' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gettext=/usr' '--with-imap=/hsphere/shared' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-curl=/usr' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-mhash=/usr' '--with-iconv=/hsphere/shared' '--enable-sockets' '--with-zip=/usr' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-mbstring' '--disable-debug' '--with-dom=/usr/lib' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr/lib' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr/lib' '--with-oci8-instant-client' '--with-pfpro=/usr/local/verisign/payflowpro/linuxrh9'
Server API Apache
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib

So, do anybody know if there is any possibility to get this IMAP support for my site?

Ok. Thanks. It's just important that web mail could be used through ssl. I'll submit ticket tomorrow.

Thanks Stephen.

Back