Setting up FTP

I just purchased a Hyper-V Lite VPS plan with Linux OS and no additional options. I was hoping to transfer a site I am currently hosting on an h-sphere shared Linux plan. The site I am hosting has FTP service and multiple FTP user accounts. I was trying to setup an FTP app through their website, but ran into issues transferring files over 2MB. So it was suggested I transfer to a VPS server.

I have gotten as far as logging into the VPS control, but I don't see any options for adding FTP users, email accounts, mssql databases, etc., as I had in the h-sphere control. Is there any documentation on using VPS?

Thanks!

We offer plesk if you need a control panel for linux (or windows)

If you order without a control panel it is very raw and requires hand management, the hyperv control panel is simply for start/stop/restart of the VPS nothing else.

There is also a free option called 'webmin' but it is something you would need to install and it is like a web based ROOT, so do NOT give it to clients. you would need to install an ftp server and then webmin will probably have options for managing it via plugin.

Back