Should I just give up?

William

Guppy
Over 24 hours still no update and nothing changed on my site. Jodo was going to move me to win5 so I could be on the same Network as my SQL server. I was told my Soop portal would load fast once that was done. I was told not to update my site till the move was complete. Sure would like to work on my site and start my testing.

[May 14, 2004 5:54:11 PM]
Q: Well 24 hours later and nothing has changed. I'm still waiting to
get my site up and see if the Soop portal works well enough with Jodo.
So far not to good. I have 2 new accounts I need to open some where.
I have my company site I need to set up and a Boy scout account I need
to set up.

-------------------------------------------------------

[May 14, 2004 11:32:48 AM]
A: Hi,
I can't say how much process is complete because psoft is
working on it. We are expecting their reply at any moment and would update
you as soon as we get it.

Thanks for your patience.
Best Regards

send a reminder in your ticket. the admins are working with alot of things at the same time and do forget to reply to tickets with no unread posts.

the last days they have also faced two DDOS attacks and have concentrated on solving the problems with that..

This new ticket system in 2.4 is highly unorganized, and replying to a ticket if you think it has been lost will help kick it back up to the top. Just as a note.

Dirtbag,

Thank you for your reply and I agree with you. If the problem is they don't have the time due to DOS then I can understand. But that is not what I was told. Here is a ticket I sent before that asking what was the hold up.

Responce:

Sorry for the delay. We have run into a Psoft Content move
script failure. We are referring to Psoft regarding this and may take
another 24hrs before your account is finally shifted to Win5. We suggest
you do not make an update to your site for the next 24 hours.
Regards
Rajneesh

So as any business I have deadlines to meet, that is why I asked for a status. As of yet I still have no update. So people want to know when the site will be back up. What should I tell them?

I have 3 sites I have to get going and I have run out of time to just set on my hands.

Please understand that I point no frustration to you. If I have come on to harsh; I am truely sorry.

I'd just like to know what is going on with my site.

William

ps Stephen,

Sorry I missed your post. I have sent several request for information and reminders. Thanks for your help as well.

William, all your sites are working, right?

There is a minor slowness it accessing Win6 from where you are, that's it. And we'll have that taken care of in less than 24 hours, as soon as PSOFT gets back to us

William, please ignore the advice Rajneesh gave. You can make innumerable changes to your website

If this is an emergency, could you let me know your username and I'll manually mvoe your account

So much for a manual move. Here is the reply I recieved this morning. 6 sec load over broadband is not alittle slowness.

Reply:

There is some error occured while shifting the account we had already
sent it to PSoft. Please wait till it gets fixed and we will update you.

Best Regards

This was sent to Psoft over 48 hours ago. Wonder how long I should wait till it gets fixed. Yash I PM'd you my Username so you could do a manual move just like you asked. Guess that didn't happen either. So I'll wait. I wish I was paying month to month. Cause I'd be out of here. Any chance of a refund?

William

We are pushing PSOFT very hard to get this done quickly

The access speed from Win2 to the mssql server is only marginally slower. As soon as the script is fixed, your account will be the first to move.

Site availability is not being affected

So Yash, What happened to you manually moving my account? I sent you my user neame Via PM.]

Other Soop Portal are loading under 1 sec. Mine is 5-6 sec. The end user can get to my site if they'll site and wait. That is not good service for my site.

William
We are infact converting the CP database to the new UTF format. This is what PSOFT is currently blaming for the transfer script failing on your account

We are hoping to shift you to the new server very soon

William

As it stands, your account is stuck between win2 and Win5. Are you willing to resignup? We'll move all your web files for you

Your account has been transfered to Win5 and your site is loading pretty fast

Please note it will take 24 hours for the new IP to propogate so you may not be able to access your site via your domain during this period. You can however access it by you new dedicated IP (see control panel)

Back