Simple combo box problem, difficult description

etalent

Guppy
I've got a little database for English, Spanish, and Portuguese verbs, which is comprised of 4 related tables and a form. The form has text boxes and 2 combo boxes. Rather than try to explain all that from the bottom up (as I did on my first try to get help on this), I'm just providing an explantion of the desired functionality (see following), and I'm attaching the database itself.

A little Spanish/Portuguese lesson first: The majority of the infinitive verb forms in Spanish and Portuguese may be grouped as ending in "-ar," "-er," or "-ir," for example "to walk" (andar), "to eat" (comer), "to lie" (mentir).

Let's say you need to enter a new infinitive. First you'd enter an infinitive in each of the text fields labeled "English," "Espanol," or "Portugues." Then, based on the ending (conjugation) of the infinitive, you'd select the model conjugation from the combo box labeled "conjugacion."

The model conjugation for "-ar" endings is "hablar." The model conjugation for "-er" endings is "comer," and the model conjugation for "-ir" endings is "mentir."

Let's say I want to enter a new record for the infinitive "to walk," which is "andar" in both Spanish and Portuguese. Notice the "-ar" ending (conjugation). The infinitive "andar" has the "-ar" conjugation. Here is the functionality I want:

1. Launch form "frmVerbs"

2. Click the ">*" button to enter a new record.

3. Enter "to walk" in the text box labeled "English"

4. Tab to the text box labeled "Espanol." Enter "andar"

5. Tab to the text box labeled "Portugues." Enter "andar"

6. Click the carrot of the combo box labeled "Conjugacion." Select "hablar"

Here what is supposed to happen now: the text boxes labeled "Present Participle," "Past Participle," and "Imperative" are supposed to be populated with the respective forms of the infinitive "hablar," which has the "-ar" ending (conjugation).

Here is another example, picking up from step #3 from before.

3. Enter "to dress" in the text box labeled "English"

4. Tab to the text box labeled "Espanol." Enter "vestir"

5. Tab to the text box labeled "Portugues." Enter "vestir"

6. Click the carrot of the combo box labeled "Conjugacion." Select "mentir"

Here what is supposed to happen now: the text boxes labeled "Present Participle," "Past Participle," and "Imperative" are supposed to be populated with the respective forms of the infinitive "mentir," which has the "-ir" ending (conjugation).

The whole problem is in the combo boxes. That's all I need help with!
Please help ASAP!

-Dave

Attachments

• db_v7.ZIP
    76.3 KB · Views: 197
Back