Sites Down

sowens

Guppy
Every single site and email I have is down. I do not use IP's for Domain Name Servers. I have tried tickets, phone and live chat for help. I need help with the DNS please. My email stopped yesterday and this morning all my sites are down.

I understand IP changed, but since I don't use them I assumed I was ok from the emails, which I no longer have. What do I need to do to get my site running?

same problem as pp - I just need an answer of what to do. What did I miss - what email should I have received?

it had something to do with IP changes. Naturally, since I don't use them for DNS, I didn't think I had an issue. I was wrong and now can't get help. Their phone and live chat is no help and none of my help desk tickets are showing up. I put one of those tickets in last nite when my email quit. Should have followed up on it before going to bed, but I didn't.

I was on chat w/ tech support last night at 12:30am - and - she told me it was just a propogation issue but things are worse this morning than yesterday.

we have mass mailed about namwserver ip changes 5 times now.

ill pm both of you junes mail

Ok, the email makes no sense. All I do is put in NS.MYDOMAINNAME.NET. I do not put in IP's where I buy my domains. So shouldn't my domains still work?

Ok, so I got my main account working. But all my customer account point to NS.MYDOMAIN.NET, not their own. How do I rectify that in GoDaddy?

You don't need to update the IP's for every domain which you have.

You just need to modify your child/private nameservers/host summary at domain registrar of your service domain to point to new IP's.

Yes, it should be in your master account at domain registrar end.

Ofcourse, once you update the child/private name servers of your service domain then Name server for other domain will resolve to new IP's itself and won't need to update for every domain.

I never received any mass email about ip name server changes. Can someone please give me that information? I too have EVERYTHING down.

GoDaddy has no way to enter IP addresses, I have my service domain (ns.levasseur.us, ns2.levasseur.us) as the DNS servers, and that is not resolving. Please give concise directions on what to do.

I just put ns.m****here.biz in there to see if it will work. (?)

Joe L.

Back