Sleeping through Wilma :)

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Set my alarm to know when the storm was supposed to start blowing through, but for some reason it did not go off, so I have slept through it so far, checking outside it's just a light rain and some wind, looks like the whole downtown still has power.

Just saw the first lights go out, I heard a transformer blow up and saw the lights go out in portions of one block.

now those lights are back on, probably generator(very common down here) or a secondary grid services that building.

I certainly hope everyone stays safe... So is Wilma going to pass over NAP directly? Not that I'm worried or anything... ;)

Stephen is actually sleeping at the office. It is not as comfy as his home a little further away, but certainly better than rented rackspce ;)

Well the office lost power (supposed to be ups and generator) for about an hour, its all back up now, some techs are here working on it making sure it doesn't happen again.

The eye is just about done passing over, about to get the rain now.

No power still here in downtown Miami, anything running here is on Generator, or battery backups.

The only thing working now is the internet and computers, my Sprint wireless service worked all through the whole storm, and is now out!

well I hope all your trouble end with just the power outage. Considering the severe nature of Wilma, having just that to worry about is great.

Are you at least wearing that poncho right now?

Na, almost no rain around here.

Oh I am quite fortunate, just trying to keep people updated from here in downtown.

Miami is now in what is essentially a total blackout, power, landline AND cellular phones, I can get a signal and make a call about 10% of the time, very bad here right now.

Stephen said:
Miami is now in what is essentially a total blackout, power, landline AND cellular phones, I can get a signal and make a call about 10% of the time, very bad here right now.

I take it the generators at the NOC will continue for quite a while?

And by the way... glad to hear you are safe.

Greg

I heard that if the deisel fuel for the generators runs out, there is an excercise bike wired up to Jodo's rack... Stephen may loose some weight if this thing lasts a long time... :D

Back