Spam Filtering Turned Off?

I have noticed an increase in Spam coming in over the past few days. I did a check of spam filter headers in old messages, and it appears that the spam headers aren't showing up after about July 3rd or so.

I just went into my domains settings, changed the settings, and sent test messages. I still am not seeing the filtering headers in my incoming mail.

Is anyone else seeing this?

-Curt

Have you submitted a ticket?
We have numerous mail servers and need more details like domain, email address, etc to check this further.

clindner said:
I put a ticket in. How can I find out which server I'm on?

My mail server resolves to: 204.14.107.1

Thanks!
That is mail1.

We found a method spammers were using to get mail in using the standby server, but I think we closed most of it down with RBLs and if it were ever needed the RBLs would not stop 99% of legitimate mail, but it does block a lot of dsl/cable providers end user ranges with dynamic ips.

Submitting a ticket(as both of you have done) is the best think to have it checked.

That being said, I am getting spam on a verizon.net isp account of mine that I have never given to anyone and it is rare enough I know it is not random guessing. Also gmail is getting a lot of spam in daily. Spammers are seeming to progress fast filters faster than filters can stop them.

Stephen said:
That being said, I am getting spam on a verizon.net isp account of mine that I have never given to anyone and it is rare enough I know it is not random guessing. Also gmail is getting a lot of spam in daily. Spammers are seeming to progress fast filters faster than filters can stop them.

The problem I am having is that the filters are not being applied. I'm sure when it is fixed, 1/2 to 2/3 of it will be caught as it was before.

My e-mail is not being put through a filter because there are no:

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.1
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status:

lines in my e-mail headers beginning on about July 3rd.

No response from support as of yet.

-Curt

Support may take longer to replay this, as sometimes issues like this are not that the anti spam is not working, but that the user settings get lost and we have to re-create them I have seen it happen 4-5 times.

Back