Spam Guard

Hi!

When are we going to get some type of spam guard?

I am getting up to 20 spams each time I check my email.
(Twice a day)

I was getting approx 175 per day. Tried many spam guards but none worked as well as I wanted. I was either spending all day hitting 'delete', or missing genuine emails.

The only real way to get rid of spam. Get a new address and don't give it anyone but those you trust. If using on a website hide the email address in code. When reply to unverified sources, use an alterative address that you can easily change.

I don't really want a built in spam guard. Sorry!

Here's a good anti-spam tactic... and one which is possible with the unlimited email's your hosting account offers for each domain:

Create an email forward each time you give out your address.

For example:

Signing up for a newsletter on www.aspin.com?
Create the email forward [email protected] to sign up with. Have the forward go to your main email account.

This will hide/protect your main account. It will also allow you to see who is spamming you or selling your email address to spammers. And, if you decide you want to unsubscribe, just delete the email forward (and make sure you don't have a catch-all on).

I use SpamAssassin on my mailbox, it usually gets about 40-60 spam mails a day. Over the last month I've gotten 132 false negatives, which is an unusually high number actually, it used to be much less. False positives: none.

I admit I still scan my Junkmail folder, but it makes deleting all junkmail a lot easier.

WebDeveloper said:
Signing up for a newsletter on www.aspin.com?
Create the email forward [email protected] to sign up with. Have the forward go to your main email account.

This will hide/protect your main account. It will also allow you to see who is spamming you or selling your email address to spammers. And, if you decide you want to unsubscribe, just delete the email forward (and make sure you don't have a catch-all on).

This is brilliant! WebDeveloper is now my favourite person :D

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestion WebDeveloper.

But, I would still like to know if JodoHost is going to implement some sort of spam guard and when?

Our previous web hosting company had a great spam guard, we hardly ever got any spam.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, we plan to upgrade to HSphere 2.4 RC2 on Wednesday night. You can configure anti-virus and spam checking for your email accounts from your control panel in this version

Hi Yash!

I do not see any difference in the control panel this morning.
Has the upgraded Control Panel been installed as promised?

Thank you in advance.

We have delayed it in the light of the Kernel issues on the Mail/CP server (a hardware change on this server is likely). The upgrade will now be taking place this weekend

Hi Yash!

Is the control panel still going to be upgraded to version 2.4 this weekend?

I have been holding on launching our reseller website until this occurs, as I do not think most people would want to go with a web hosting company that did not have a spam and virus program in place.

Thank you in advance.

Posted somewhere else on the forum:
The upgrade is postponed til Tuesday, because Monday the final version of 2.4 will be released.

Yash said:
Yes, we plan to upgrade to HSphere 2.4 RC2 on Wednesday night. You can configure anti-virus and spam checking for your email accounts from your control panel in this version

Is H-SPHERE 2.4 already finished? If not, I think it will be a good idea to put off the installation of a product that is still not final

SubSpace said:
Posted somewhere else on the forum:
The upgrade is postponed til Tuesday, because Monday the final version of 2.4 will be released.

Oh, ok, I didn't read your post 8o

Good to know the final version will be installed and not an intermediate one

Hello.

So how is the control panel upgrade to version 2.4 going?
It is almost Wednesday.
I noticed that PSoft is up to RC2 already.

Thank you in advance.

Psoft had delayed the release by 1-day. It will be installed later today.

Back