Sql Client Tools?

Typ0

Perch
If you are developing MSSQL on jodo servers what client tools do you use? I use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio but they said it won't work here and pointed me to some other tool which also doesn't work here. I'm wondering what other people were doing.

Typ0,

EMS Enterprise Manager works perfectly fine if you input the DB name, attached the image.

In addition to this if you generate a SQL script form your DB you can easily use the SQL Query tool in SQL Management Studio.

Attachments

• emsstep2.jpg
    emsstep2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 123
If you can use Enterprise Manager I don't see why you can't use Studio.

Regardless, I always recommend doing all of your development on one server and scripting out the changes for when they need to be applied to production. Then you don't need anymore than a simple textbox to submit the script to.

If you can use Enterprise Manager I don't see why you can't use Studio.

Regardless, I always recommend doing all of your development on one server and scripting out the changes for when they need to be applied to production. Then you don't need anymore than a simple textbox to submit the script to.

There are some security matters with it and the way hsphere creates DBs and the way SQL 2005 works.

Back