SQL DB Logins

Logan

Perch
I have created one db (let's call it DB1) in SQL with SQL login name_user1, and a second db (let's call it DB2) with SQL login name_user2. Is there any way, now, after the db's have been created, to transfer ownership of DB1 to the login name_user2, and then delete name_user1, without deleted the database DB1?

You follow me?

this can be done throught enterprise manager. if you don't have em, submit a ticket asking if they can do it for you

OT
now, don't come slag me off because i tried to help you

DirtBag said:
this can be done throught enterprise manager. if you don't have em, submit a ticket asking if they can do it for you

Dirtbag, I was able to see where I could add a user with the right access rights in EM, and I was able to login to the db with the user I added, but HSpehere didn't change to reflect the new user I added through EM, so I'm afraid that if I then delete the user through HSphere, it will delete the db.

Any ideas?

don't even think about deleting the user in hsphere.. then your database will be wiped away too..

i think you can edit the database in em and set new user there and delete the old one.. but take a backup of your database first, in case something goes wrong

Back