SQL Error - Minor problem

Hi there.

Stephen recently did an excellent job at sorting out the problems I was having with my message board and its database.

There is one minor issue still remaining that has only just been spotted by one of my mods, when ever you try and delete a post, rather than an entire thread you get the following error message

Code:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Could not find server 'MSSQL2005' in sysservers. Execute sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sysservers.

/asp/mb/delete_post.asp, line 183

Is there something that I can do to fix this. I would appreciate any assistance.

I added some stored procs manually, let me see if this stored proc needs to be remade as well. I have just gotten back from some vacation time, I will work on this for you in a couple hours.

That looks to be something different, IIS/NTFS permissions :)

I will see what's making that happen, still working on the SQL side as well, it was not just a stored proc error as I thought.

Hi Stephen

Just wondering if you had managed to make any progress on this issue or alternatively if you had any advice on how to resolve it?

Thanks for your help.

I added the stored proc, still giving an error? You are free to email me this you know my address :)

I tend to get to mail related queries before forum as they are a higher priority and I carry them with my everywhere on my phone.

Hi Stephen

Missed your response in all the recent excitment. :) Yes, the problem is still happening unfortunetly. Its not urgent though, if you find the time to fix it I would appreciate it.

Hello,

I just mailed you with your backup, if you could reply and give me details on where this happens again, I will look it up and resolve it.

Back