SQL Server Backup and Restore?

Just got a trial accoutn to determine if Jodohost will meet our needs. First question, how does one do SQl Server backups and restores? Can you FTP these files to and from the server and do a restore and backup via the control panel?

back ups are taken every 24 - 48 hours, and if you want to restore you need to send the .bak into your ftop space and ask jodohost to restore that back up onto the server. you aren't able ot do so manually yourself.

Emagine said:
back ups are taken every 24 - 48 hours, and if you want to restore you need to send the .bak into your ftop space and ask jodohost to restore that back up onto the server. you aren't able ot do so manually yourself.

Well that is a major issue. We need to be able to do backup and restores as needed as during development and new system rollouts we need to make quick changes to the database. Waiting on a ticket to get this done seems a poor way when you may have to do a number of restores in a given day of a release.

Other hosts such as Webhost4life and 1and1 offer the ability to do this and ftp the bak files to and from the server.

I've only had the trial accoutn for 10 minutes and this may be the reason we cannot use Jodohost. Is there any possible way around this? Can Jodohost grant such rights?

i know stephen (Windows manager) was looking at giving priveleges to a user once as they needed it, you may want to search the forums, and/or send a email to techsupport

Emagine said:
i know stephen (Windows manager) was looking at giving priveleges to a user once as they needed it, you may want to search the forums, and/or send a email to techsupport

Ok thanks I'll sendthem an email. As I said without this we basically could not use Jodohost as this is a basic requirement for development of systems for our clients. We cannot afford to have delays with submitting tickets each time we need a backup or restore.

In terms of the nightly backups, are the bak files accessible directly for your databases or do you need to make a request for these as well?

Emagine said:
i belive you have to request them
Yes it seems that it is a ticket based system. This wont work for our needs as we canot depend on tech support each time we need to backup or restore. This can easily add hours to a process that should take minutes. I guess the search for hosting continues...

Back