SQL Server: Download MDF and LDF Files

No, but you can request the BAK file, or is you REALLY need the MDF/LDF, we can detach the DB and put them in your home directory. Via ticket request.

Stephen said:
No, but you can request the BAK file, or is you REALLY need the MDF/LDF, we can detach the DB and put them in your home directory. Via ticket request.

If I detach my DB through Enterprise Manager, how would that affect my database? I believe I did that once and it made my database unavailable.

With the BAK file, I can restore the database with it right?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes detaching will make the DB unavailable, but a BAK file will basically merge the MDF/LDF into one restorable file.

However one point to remember, the easiest way to restore a DBis if the tables are all owned by dbo,NOT user.tablename, if the tables are user.tablename you will have all kindsof errors on the restored sideabout tables not existing.

Stephen said:
Yes detaching will make the DB unavailable, but a BAK file will basically merge the MDF/LDF into one restorable file.

However one point to remember, the easiest way to restore a DBis if the tables are all owned by dbo,NOT user.tablename, if the tables are user.tablename you will have all kindsof errors on the restored sideabout tables not existing.

Stephen,

Aside from DTS, what is the best way to backup a database without the help of JodoHost?

Thanks.

Back