SQL service integration services

wotech

Perch
I have a client who needs a SQL 2005 database that has SQL server integration services installed. I've never had any requests for this...do the SQL servers here provide that?

Thanks.
(just noticed the thread name says 'service' instead of 'server'....sorry)

SQL Integration Services(it is correct) are installed but I am not sure that anyone has used it :)

It is the replacement for DTS that was there before and quite a bit more powerful.

I don't see any options in the control panel regarding SSIS. How do we install SSIS packages and such?

Thanks.

I never got a response regarding this. How do we get the SSIS packages installed? Send them to Jodohost and someone install them? I really need some info ASAP, as we'd like to start using it. I also have a ticket regarding this- DLN-60072-633

thanks.

We have a .dtsx package that needs to run on a schedule to import data into our database. To my knowledge, we can't do this with the level of permissions we have to the Jodohost SQL server, so it would need to be done by someone there? Once the thing is setup, it shouldn't need any changes.

Thanks for any help.

I just connected to mssql11 with Management Studio (full version, not the express), but couldn't see anything about the SQL Server Agent. I can see it on my own SQL servers, but with the Jodo ones I can't. Just figured I'd pass along that I tried it.

Thanks.

You can't and won't be able to run a job ON our server, you will need to run the jobs on your server over to ours.

We have not, and will not, allow the scheduling of DTS/SSIS packages from the local scheduler, it was done for a while before I was here and left huge messes and huge abuses.

Back