strange vbulletin email problem - not sending emails anymore since upgraded to 3.0.0

I have been with jodohost for about 6 months, I was running a vbulletin 2.3.3 on the server and it worked fine until I upgraded to 3.0.0 last week, the email funtion (notification of new thread, sending page to friend) all those functions just stopped working suddently, there wasn't any error message generated when sending a mail to friends, they just simply can't recieve anything. I have checked my control panel and already enabled email funtion, it still won't work! can you tell me what the problem is, I have been working on this for 3 days, this really driving me crazy now since the email funtion is so important to me!!! thanks!! :(

Yes, we had the same problem too :(
vB3's email function doesn't work for us on Windows servers

What server are you on? I'll double-check the php.ini file but I really don't think that's the problem because the phpmail function works without an issue

I think it's best you take a linux account for you vBulletin board. we did the same

i checked the code in sendmessage.php, it actually uses the vbmail() funtion to send the email, i changed it to mail() becuase the old version of vbuttetin use this funtion and it worked!!!!!!!! but the newthread auto notification email is still not funtional, I am just trying to findout if this is also becuase the vbmail() funtion is used in other php files!!! :evil:

I have just changed all the vbmai() function to mail(), some are nessecary some not! and all mail funtions are working now! there are three files need to be modified
1. register.php ( new member get auto mail notification)
2. sendmessage.php (send specific page to friends)
3. funtion_newpost.php (in includes folder; get auto notification when new post in the forum)

if anyone can't get the vbulletine 3.0.0 email funtions work under jodohost, try these changes! bloody hell, took me three days to figure it out though didn't quite know why !!! :rolleyes:

Re: strange vbulletin email problem - not sending emails anymore since upgraded to 3.

I had a same problem too. And i m get frustrated with that problem.Email function doesn't work properly in window Server.:(

Re: strange vbulletin email problem - not sending emails anymore since upgraded to 3.

I had a same problem too. And i m get frustrated with that problem.Email function doesn't work properly in window Server.:(

What is your account info?

Back