stupid question...

For the life of me I can not get Outlook Express to hook up to my mail box.

For the Mail Server's username and password, what am I supposed to use?

Doh!

Yash said:
there should be no problems in email. re you getting a connection or authorization error?

its a problem on my end... I couldn't get it to work prior to the server moves/etc. I have no idea which username/password to use.

Here's the error I'm getting:

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.domainname.com', Server: 'mail.domainname.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Uncheck "Log on Using Secure Password Authentication" from your account properties. Will work fine

Yash said:
Uncheck "Log on Using Secure Password Authentication" from your account properties. Will work fine

now its working, but, I still don't know which username/password to enter (so it keeps asking me for it)

which set is supposed to be used? control panel or ftp?

When you created a mail box, you had to enter a password for it. So the username is your email address and the password is the password you entered.

Yash said:
When you created a mail box, you had to enter a password for it. So the username is your email address and the password is the password you entered.

ok, i'll check the password when my domain switches (I had added a new domain over the weekend and removed the old one... and yes, I have already started a new ticket).

Thanks

Back