Sub-domain/sub-web ?

MChedda

Guppy
Hi.

I'm interested in the reseller hosting plan, but had a question about subdomains.

Let's say I had a client that thas 3 domains: domain1.com, domain2.com and domain3.com -- and he only wants a single host. I know I can put domain1.com in the root and create subdirectories for domain2.com and domain3.com -- then do I have the DNS point to the respective sub-directories?

Would having domain2.com and domain3.com be negatively affected from an SEO (search engine optimization) standpoint -- because I've heard alias redirects and such does not allow that domain to get ranked in the search engines.

Thanks for you help.

I can easily do a alias, but I don't know about the rest, SEO is not anything I lay claim too.

I will let someone else answer the root of this question.
But from one standpoint, you can have aliases with domain 2 and 3 pointing to 1 easily, or aliases pointing to subdomains of domain1 for that matter.

Stephen said:
I can easily do a alias, but I don't know about the rest, SEO is not anything I lay claim too.

I will let someone else answer the root of this question.
But from one standpoint, you can have aliases with domain 2 and 3 pointing to 1 easily, or aliases pointing to subdomains of domain1 for that matter.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm pleased that I can have the 2 other domains pointing to sub-domains of domain1. I think I got confused on the sub-domain issue from some of the posts on this board, which were relating to "subdomain.maindomain.com" which is not what I want. I want the registered domain names to point directly to the sub-domain/sub-webs off the main web. That way a web surfer can just type "www.domain2.com" versus "domain2.domain1.com" -- wow I hope that makes sense. Sorry if this is confusing.

thanks.

Thanks.

There is no problem in domain alias redirection for SEO, if you follow the given directions...

If it is a 301 redirect, It is fine. ie. you must redirect them permanently.
Use filters to ensure there is no duplication of content else you will be peanilised by Search Engine.

Unique content and monitoring is the key to get maximum of SEO techniques.

Ravi said:
There is no problem in domain alias redirection for SEO, if you follow the given directions...

If it is a 301 redirect, It is fine. ie. you must redirect them permanently.
Use filters to ensure there is no duplication of content else you will be peanilised by Search Engine.

Unique content and monitoring is the key to get maximum of SEO techniques.

Thanks Ravi for that info on SEO -- it's very helpful!

i know i already have an account but i am wondering

i have 2 accounts 1 hosting with you and a reseller account.

my question is..

i have emagineservers.co.uk as our service account ie cp.emagineservers.co.uk etc

we allow 3rd level domains

what i want to know is it possible to make http://3rdlevel.emagineservers.co.uk
have an alias of http://3rdLevel.emagine-hosts.co.uk

i know i can do this manulally but is there away to do this automaticclly for all new registrations?

i didn't hink so but ask just in case..

no need to appoligise... :]

i can always get my clients to request via a ticket to alias there domain if they havge a 3rd level domain.

thumbs up

Back