Sub domains

del1

Guppy
Sirs,

I have assinged 15 subdomains free for the plan "******** " . I then created an account with that plan

When the customer tries to add a SUB domain to that account, a message tells that he does not have enough credit.

Why?

Make sure your customer's debt hasn't exceeded the credit limit set for the plan

If it has, he/she cannot add any features (even if its free)

Yash

My customer signed up for a yearly billing period some days ago. He paid me by check. I configured his plan for allowing 15 subdomains free. I also set the hard limit to those 15 subdomain

He is not any debtor or something like that. I configured the plan so he will have 0 credit in order to prevent him for buying extra features

I have raised this credit to 3 and also eliminated extra cost for any addditional sub domain

I keep getting that he has not enough credit

Please let me know

Yash said:
Make sure your customer's debt hasn't exceeded the credit limit set for the plan

If it has, he/she cannot add any features (even if its free)

HE CANNOT ADD EVEN ONE SINGLE SUBDOMAIN

Customer is using ZERO sub domains of his supposedly 15 free, so I do not what this answer has to do with the problem

Thanks anyway

MarkeyHost said:
A hard limit is just that... you can not go over that limit no matter what you do.

Markey

Ops... I read it wrong... thought you had setup the 15 sub domains allready... Is the account with out billing? Did you set a price on subdomains at all? Setup fees?

Markey

It is set as paid

I tried without prices and with price, with credit and without credit

The same error

MarkeyHost said:
Ops... I read it wrong... thought you had setup the 15 sub domains allready... Is the account with out billing? Did you set a price on subdomains at all? Setup fees?

Markey

So if you give him a 1000 dollar credit it still does not work? It could be a bug in Hsphere but more likely something little that is being over looked... That is always my luck anyway.

Hello,

The problem seems to be that H-SPHERE is trying to force the customer to acquire another IP address in order to create the subdomain. The customer has paid me in advance $300.00 for a full year which enables him to have 15 subdomains and one dedicated IP. I do not want that he can acquire more resources so I gave him a credit of 0. If he wants another IP address he should pay 1.5 per month, or 18 per year (which is his billing period anyway). So, unless I give him at least 18 in credit, H-SPHERE refuses to give him the possibility to add sub domains

In the documentation says that each sub domain can have a shared or exclusive IP. Since my customer already has his dedicated IP, I do not know why H-SPHERE tries to make him pay $18 more for another IP address

What he wants to create are sub domains in this way :

http://SUBDOMAIN.domain.com/

I have assigned to his plan 15 FREE subdomains (and also set a hard limit of 15 subdomains to his plan), and he also has 1 free IP dedicated address. Why is not possible to add those subdomains then? (Note: he has not used even a single subdomain of his 15 free)

Thanks

P.S. This is the message he receives:

-------------
You are about to enable SubDomain.The recurrent fee for the rest of the billing period is $17.56.The recurrent fee for every subsequent billing period is $18.00.

INVOICE
RECURRENT Recurrent IP Address (2/4/04 - 1/27/05) $17.56
TOTAL: $17.56
-------------

Yash said:
Edit this plan and select Shared IP as your default IP tag. It currently is set to dedicated IP

Sir

I changed the DEFAULT to shared but that didn't solve any problem because the plan has been already assigned the IP address. There is a link that says:

"CHANGE to Shared IP"

When I click there, a message tells me:

"Changing IP address can cause a significant downtime up to 24 hours due to the DNS propogation for the domain you are changing IP for."

I cannot do that for the moment, because the customer wants a dedicated IP address (and that's what I offered him in the first place)

On the other hand, are you telling me that a site with a dedicated IP cannot have subdomains unless a new IP is added?

As I told you, he wants domains with this form:

http://mysubdomain1.mydomain.com
http://mysubdomain2.mydomain.com

Are sub domains the right option? Are third level domains?

Thanks

When you made the plan in Hsphere you must have set it to have a dedicated IP and this is why it does this with ever domain and sub domain. You can change it in the plan but chances are for the changes to work with the account you will have to delete it and re-sign up. I think once dedicated it selected for an account you can not turn it off.

Markey

Hmm, so you're not able to have your domain on a dedicated IP and all the subdomains on the same dedicated IP?
That's a bit odd really, maybe P-Soft should be poked a bit to add such a feature in the future if it's not possible, because it doesn't seem like a strange thing to do at all...

No No... you can have just one domain on a dedicated IP but when you select dedicated IP while making the plan the system wants to give a IP to everything domain or sub domain. So what you need to do is select shared IP and either set a hard limit or set a price per IP then you can select what domain from the web options menu to have the dedicated IP.

HSphere has this feature to preserve plan settings till the billing period ends. This protects customers from price fluctuations for the length of their billing term. I suspect that this is preserving the default IP tag on this account. You need to reset the billing period by changing to monthly and then back to yearly.

Back