Supsended Account - With No Warnings.

DeepakG

Perch
Well, I just checked my website and it was suspended. I have obviously forgotten to pay on time. I believe the new procedure was that reminder e-mails will send out...yet I didn't receive any. I am looking at my invoice right now and this is what it says:

Your invoice to be paid on resuming
Your balance for the past period ($2.36)
RECURRENT Actual account (10/7/03 - 11/7/03) $6.95
RECURRENT Summary traffic (10/7/03 - 11/7/03) $12.00
Total $21.31

Would someone explain the $12 charge?

In case I'm being charged to reactivate my account, I don't think it's fair...since I didn't receive any alerts in e-mail. :(

Deepak

The systems sends 3 warning emails before suspension. I don't see anyway you couldn't have received them unless you entered an invalid email address while signing up.

Your account has been resumed and the $12 charges were reversed. The $12 was a billing error.

Yash said:
Deepak

The systems sends 3 warning emails before suspension. I don't see anyway you couldn't have received them unless you entered an invalid email address while signing up.

Your account has been resumed and the $12 charges were reversed. The $12 was a billing error.

Thanks Yash.

Similar situation here... very bad for me

I had the trial, and thought it was for 30 days or that I'd get an email reminder. Wrong. 7 days. Now it's cut off, I've paid but it doesn't get updated instantly and I'm losing business. Hurried and paid my other domain as well with that new understanding. HELLO!! paypal does offer subscription services where they'll automatically charge your customers each month. I was happy with the hosting service, but I'm not happy anymore. If it can't be automated or send an email before suspension, I'm going to look for another host. Jodo needs to explain these things better with the welcome email when we first sign up. I'm eating dirt here.

Re: Similar situation here... very bad for me

We send many reminders before suspending even a trial account. A regular account is not suspended for 10 days and many emails are sent prior to suspension.

We have not received your payment yet. But we do not want to see that you lose business. We are asking Billing Dept. to resume your account.

We request our customers to keep valid email ID in Billing Info (under Billing Profile Section). Also that to give due attention to invoice and pre-suspension emails sent by JodoHost.

Update - within minutes of you contacting us we resumed your account.

Correction
For trial accounts, no warning email is sent about suspension. You are suppose to switch to pay mode (from CP) once you have decide you'd like to continue services with us.

Once you switch to paymode, your account is activated automatically. You have 10 days to pay then. You are sent one invoice email and 3 warning emails over these 10 days. The same goes whenever your next payment is due. If you don't make your payment in these 10 days, your account is suspended.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this system has caused you. We do plan to automate the billing system once we sort out some fundamental problems

?( I must be online...I looked for a way to pay online for two days and I could not please put my site www.wesifamily.org and ivit.net back online and tell me how to pay via credit card for my monthly hosting charges...ASAP Life or Death Serious

I agree, I hate my bills not because i do not want to pay them but because of the time it takes and you pay them before a certain time otherwise you get charged more.

I second the paypal subscription services.

Amjad

Lorne,

We checked with Billing. Your account was never suspended. All you had received was pre-suspension notification. Also Support has checked, both of your sites have no problem. If you are facing problem, please open a ticket.

Amjad,

System sends automated invoices after the end of billing cycle. System gives you about week to pay.

Back