Suspended vs. Cancelled?

I had moved a few sites over last month. Just after I purchased an account I realized that I should have used the same username as I was using at the old host so that all my scripts would still work without modifying that part of the script.

Since you can't have your user name changed they told me to cancel that account and get a refund and just sign up for a new account and be sure to specify the correct username which I did.

I thought I had canceled the first account and could not login to it anymore and it said account suspended if I tried. So I waited but never saw a refund and when contacting billing & support they told me they haven't received a cancellation notice and that my account was suspended but not canceled. And told me to fill out a form which I did. Now they told me I took too long to cancel since I signed up on 8/23, thought I canceled but somehow was just suspended and but then contacted billing & support many times on 9/24.

Actually I got 3 emails saying account canceled, account resumed, and one saying order confirmation so I hope it is canceled.

Its only $6.95 and but couldn't you guys just apply that to my active account? I never used the other account and believe I may have canceled from the control panel but never got a request to fill out a form to complete the cancellation process.

You can see that I attempted to cancel since they knew it was suspended and that I did not use that account but created a new account. Maybe I screwed up but I did not get a request to fill out a cancellation form so how does an account become suspended?

thanks
-George

It becomes suspended when it is past due, but since yuo have another account I am sure we can work something out, I will pint this topic out to billing, if you have any ticket IDs or helpful info you may want to send it to billing* @ *jodohost.com for review

(I think you know the proper format, obscured for anti spam reasons)
edit: it appears you clicked on money back request, but that doesn't actually do the cancel process.

The account wasn't past due, it was a brand new account that I did click on the refund request button so that must have caused it to become suspended?

Still I figured that they could see that I attempted to cancel, never used it and actually signed up for a second account immediately that I am currently using.

That would be fair if they could just credit that amount to my current account.

They did cancel my account 68045, but told me I don't qualify for a refund I guess since I didn't go through the proper steps.

thanks!

If this was done within 30 days, please write to Billing Department again with details of Cancellation email you received from us.

Back