Switch to vBulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yash

Bass
We finally we able to sucessfully switch over to vBulletin from Burning Board. As a result of the switch, registered users won't see a toolbar (includes smilies and basic editing options) while posting. To see the toolbar again, you'd need to select it from your User Profile > Options

We also scraped the special access system. Everyone is now free to view the contents and post in the Customer Forums. One result of the switch is that certain posts with URLs, quotes or email addresses may not appear properly. If you find any such post, please report them here so that we can correct it. Another result of the switch is that Avatars and attachements are lost.

Why switch? Well, we decided that that even though this would be pretty messy, the advantages in the long term were worth it. vBulletin has some very nice features that would greatly help customers in finding help. I'd like to hear what you have to say on the switch as well.

Well, this forum certainly looks much more professional that the old one. Think the "similar threads" thing is pretty neat too. However, on the top right corner you can't distinguish between icons (they are all arrows!)

forgot to mention, we still have to make alot of finishing touches like the icon issue you mentioned. Would be fully completed in a day or two.

Yash said:
forgot to mention, we still have to make alot of finishing touches like the icon issue you mentioned. Would be fully completed in a day or two.

Why don't you make your logo transparent? It would look better than a white block. Also, you should customise the colors of the forum so it would look more like the main site. Just my 5 cents! ;)

The forums looks good, yes, though I couldn't figure out how to set an avatar, lol. Uploaded a Profile pic, but looks like it is not avatar, but something else, lol.

Uploading an avatar is rather simple. From your User Profile just click Avatar. You'd then have an option to upload an avatar.

And yeah, we'll try making tbe logo transparent and see how it looks.

Yash said:
Uploading an avatar is rather simple. From your User Profile just click Avatar. You'd then have an option to upload an avatar.

Hmm, I dunno, hav no idea where t upload it. The only way to upload something is to Profile pic, I did, but no avatar :( Here is a screenshot of what I see (as attachment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back